Background - Scope of the Consultancy
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization working in Myanmar since 2009 in response to cyclone Giri and currently supporting operations in three different States (Kachin, Northern Shan, and Rakhine). DRC aims to make available immediate relief and protection to displaced people and vulnerable host communities in an impartial, inclusive and neutral manner, adhering to DRC’s Code of Conduct and core Humanitarian Principles.
Objectives of the Consultancy
DRC Myanmar is seeking a consultant/firm that is able to provide ad-hoc contextual support for our project teams. This will include specific projects that provide a greater understanding of the context in which we are operating, and the stakeholders that are present in those areas. The consultant should have an existing network in each area that they are able to utilize for the research – and should not expect to utilize DRC teams and connections.
Duties, Responsibilities and Deliverables
The consultant will report to the Head of Programmes, with specific task leads to be assigned per specific project
This is not an exhaustive list – and DRC may still decide to seek an outside consultant to lead on an assessment depending on the specific needs
· Rapid assessments/needs assessments for Humanitarian Mine Action activities
· Rapid market needs assessments
· Context analysis for Myanmar, as well as specifically for Kachin, Shan and Rakhine – either generally or on specific themes (early warning, conflict trends, protection trends, etc)
· Identification individuals or groups vulnerable vis-à-vis contextal threats
· Conflict sensitivity analysis, including conflict prevention and management mechanisms
· Existing capacities, structures and mechanisms at community, Township or State level for to decision making and addressing threats or conflict
· Scenario planning
· Partner vetting – ie. Providing a comprehensive assessment of perceptions and affiliations of CSOs
· Stakeholder mapping and analysis, particularly of non-state actors
Profile of the Candidate
Your Experience must include:
· Demonstrated experience in delivery of the work proposed in the TOR
· Strong English and Myanmar writing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of humanitarian emergency operations and roles/responsibilities of humanitarian actors
- Understanding of the centrality of protection/able to comply with DRC’s protection approach
- Ability to incorporate gender, age and diversity analysis into assessments and analyses
- Detailed understanding of the Myanmar context and existing network within the communities DRC works
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to tight deadlines.
DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. In order to apply for this consultancy, please submit the following to email@example.com
Proposal of how you would achieve the objectives of this consultancy
Overview of technical capabilities and existing capacities within Myanmar
Current resume of proposed staff
Examples of work or publications
Detailed budget – with a per day consultancy rate
Danish Refugee Council are equal opportunity employers and consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. **
How to apply
Please download full RFQ package on: http://themimu.info/jobs-for-internationals
You must submit your full RFP package by email to the following dedicated, secure & controlled email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com, please download full RFP package at provided link.
THE RFP BID FORM CANNOT BE EMAILED TO ANY OTHER DRC EMAIL ADDRESS. Any Bids not received on the official DRC Bid Form, or in a sealed envelope may be disqualified for non-compliance with these RFP Instructions.