DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is implementing a contract supporting USAID programs in the MENA region. Under this contract, the Health Advisor will support the USAID/Tunisia Mission.
As a contractor directly supporting USAID/Tunisia, the Health Advisor will provide technical guidance and programmatic support to strengthen COVID-19 control efforts in Tunisia and strategic planning and technical assistance for health programming. Under the supervision of the Program Office Director or Designee, and in collaboration with other technical staff at USAID/Tunisia, U.S. Embassy Tunisia, and USAID’s Bureau for Global Health, the Health Advisor will be responsible for supporting technical and operational quality in the planning and scaled execution of COVID-19 control efforts in assigned jurisdictions and supporting health planning and program design, development, and supervision. This is a full-time position for a period of 12 months, with possibility of extension, determined by the length of the response and other health programming needs. The work will be based in Tunis, Tunisia through a combination of on-site and telework. Some travel throughout Tunisia may be required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice, guidance, and programmatic support for the implementation of scaled COVID control activities, including close coordination with other USG COVID partners.
- Monitor performance of implementing partners for health programming.
- Support the identification of facilitators and barriers to effective COVID response.
- Support the development and implementation of strategies to effectively address identified barriers.
- Assist with developing strategies for the most effective, efficient, and rapid allocation of money from various funding streams.
- Support health department staff in strengthening and continuously improving an effective COVID response program in the jurisdiction as well as other health programs, including the following:
- Effective use of data to guide the program and improve its performance;
- Effective testing strategies appropriate to the jurisdiction’s populations and needs;
- Data flow that ensures cases are quickly identified at the local health department level;
- Effective, efficient contact tracing and testing;
- Rapid, effective isolation of cases and quarantine of contacts;
- Provisions for easily accessible social and other services to support individuals in isolation or quarantine; and,
- Use of alert-level systems to communicate risk and responses appropriate to risk level.
- Build close working relationships with key jurisdiction(s) stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Health and other development partners.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and deliver presentations, as needed.
- Serve as an activity manager for grants to assigned jurisdictions.
- Support documentation of lessons learned and sharing of them with other health department jurisdictions in the state and more broadly.
- Collect and track Tunisian health indicator information, including COVID and vaccine-related data, and other key health indicators as appropriate.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements & Education:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Allied Social Sciences
- At least 10 years of relevant public health work experience, preferably working in collaboration with or in support of the Tunisia Ministry of Health, or for international public health donors in Tunisia. Other examples of relevant experience include: COVID-19; vaccination program implementation; infectious disease control; epidemiology and disease surveillance; medical store and supply chain management; health communications; project management; budgeting; or monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- In-depth, professional-level knowledge of the Tunisia Ministry of Health, as well as global public health principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to COVID-19, vaccination, cold chain, medical supply chain, disease surveillance, procurement, and health service delivery programs in Tunisia.
- The ability to plan, organize, and manage policy and programmatic activities; ability to draft and edit documents directly.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to achieve consensus on policy, project, and administrative matters.
- Established relationships with MOH counterparts, especially related to the COVID pandemic response. Verbal communication skills, tact, and diplomacy are also required for working with USAID staff, clients, and implementing partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language writing and oral communications skills.
- French and/or Arabic fluency.
- This position works with but does not supervise a team of FSNs and is limited in the number of tasks that can be delegated to other staff. The incumbent will need to be able to manage inputs from technical teams, draft documents, manage clearances processes, and ensure quality control for deliverables.
- Medical Doctor, Nursing, or other medical certification.
- Level 4/4 (fluent) or similar level of English.
- Recent experience working with Tunisia Ministry of Health service delivery programs.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply
To be considered, please apply through the DT Global website. To view additional job opportunities, go to https://dt-global.com/company/careers.