International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with the Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office is located in Gaziantep’s province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, and Turkey
The FSL Program Officer will oversee the FSL Department, ensure the overall management and supervision of the department’s staff and take the lead and coordinate the process of development of high-quality funding proposals and concept notes in compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the implementation of all livelihood and food security project activities on the field to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Communicate with the program staff on the field on a regular basis to coordinate the day-to-day implementation of activities, follow up on security situations, collect data, and conduct training as needed (Remote from Gaziantep)
- Assist with proposal development, including strategic design, research, and writing, and assist with seeking potential new partners and donors
- Represent ONSUR at the Food Security and Early recovery Cluster sand at other external meetings as needed
- Communicate with staff on the field on a regular basis to coordinate day to day activities, documentation collection, and logistics
- Oversee work of program staff on the field and ensure proper tracking of implementation, reporting, and logistics
- Follow up on security situations on the field to develop contingency plans for projects and to ensure the continuation of programming
- Collaborate with MEAL team to set up, plan, and follow up with MEAL plans for relevant projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a Turkish national
Has a degree in a relevant field such as Agricultural Engineering, Economics, Development Studies, Social sciences or other relevant disciplines
Has at least 3 years of experience implementing livelihood and food security programs
Has experience with donor-funded grants and reporting
Is fluent in English and Arabic, Turkish (preferred)
Previous experience with remote management and with implementing cross-border programs in Syria is desired
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. The environment is fast-paced and dynamic and will require flexibility and a willingness to complete job duties from a remote location in a timely manner when needed.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.