Place: FRANCE (Lyon) or BELGIUM (Brussels)
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract of 3,5 months (maternity leave)**
Starting date: end of December2021- beginning of January 2022
Closing date for applications: 1rst of November 2021
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
The HI network is an organisation made up of a Federation (with 2 operational HQs in Lyon and Brussels), 8 national associations (Germany, Belgium, Canada, United States, France, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Switzerland) and the HI Institute on Humanitarian Action. All these entities work concertedly to implement HI’s international aid and development mandate.
The Federation is responsible for implementing the network’s social missions in around sixty countries. It operates under the names “Humanity & Inclusion” or “Handicap International” depending on the country.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
The Social Work & Social Development sector tackles social exclusion. This concept goes beyond economic poverty and deprivation, and is understood as a social disadvantage for groups and individuals, linked to a lack of access to resources, participation in social and economic activities of a society and limited opportunities for personal growth.
The sector’s central concepts are SOCIAL WORK and SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT. It looks at:
· deeply connected relationships that constitute the social context of people’s lives
· social well-being of individuals (complementary to physical, mental and spiritual well-being) in safe and enabling environments
· social functioning of the person in their environment (how people perform their social role) and societal systems (natural support networks, formal structures within communities, policies, etc.) acting as facilitators or obstacles to one’s participation and social well-being.
The Social Work & Social Development sector includes empowerment and resilience of socially excluded individuals and families, inclusive formal and non-formal social protection, inclusive and strengthened social capital, social cohesion, inclusive participation opportunities, enhanced individual / family / community social functioning, quality social services, social policies inclusive of vulnerable groups, inclusive cultural / sport / recreation / play initiatives, strengthened social work institutes and professionals.
As Global Specialist Social Development & Social Protection, under the line management of our Director of the Unit Social & Inclusion, you provide technical guidance, develop and advance the professionalism, technical quality and visibility of HI actions.
For this 3,5 months replacement period, the main priorities are:
· Provide support to colleagues in the country programmes and headquarters with Social Work interventions (training, coaching, review of tools, etc.), with a focus on HI’s Personalised Social Support tool, for both children and their parents/caregivers and adults.
· Conduct desk research on ‘inclusive case management’ and produce an overview of available resources and literature, and provide on-demand technical support.
· Develop and promote the ‘comprehensive approach to inclusion’ together with Global Specialists Inclusive Governance and Accessibility.
· Provide technical support in inclusive sports, culture, leisure and play to colleagues in the country programmes and headquarters.
· Support ongoing and new projects in the field of social protection, with a focus on disability inclusive social protection.
· Further develop and implement the professional development project for HI staff in the field of Social Development & Social Protection.
· You hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Social Development or other related field (occupational therapy, public health, psychology, etc.)
· You have 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience in at least two areas relevant to the position (social protection, social inclusion, social cohesion, social policies, social services, social institutions & professionals, inclusive culture/sport/recreation/play, empowerment & resilience). You have already worked in developing countries
· You have experiences in working in the field of inclusive development and humanitarian aid, alongside people experiencing social exclusion (based on disability, age, gender, religion, ethnicity, etc.)
· Relevant experience in training and coaching of human resources
· You have relevant experience in designing and disseminating tools and internal policies; you show analytical skills and strategic thinking
· You are committed to the values of equity and inclusion
· You are fluent in English AND in French (both orally and in writing)**
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
· Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract of 3,5 months (maternity leave replacement)
· Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
· 5 weeks of annual leave
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter through the following link:
For further information about the association: www.hi.org