Position Title : Consultant - Graphic Designer and Virtual Training
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Consultant, Grade Other
Type of Appointment : Consultant, two months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 October 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Nature of Consultancy
Design of new graphics and improvement of existing graphics to support the development of an IOM online learning course.
Project Context and Scope
The Graphic Designer and Virtual Training Specialist will be expected products are expected to include, but not limited to, a series of vectors, graphics, PowerPoint templates, and tools for e-learning and interactive participant engagement as well as awareness raising.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing
The Staff Development and Learning (SDL) is located within the talent management unit of IOM and is responsible for managing programmes and initiatives established in line with the learning and development needs of the organization. SDL is based in Geneva and Manila, the Graphic Designer and Virtual Training Specialist will focus on supporting the Policy Hub unit to develop and enhance digital training materials for use in virtual workshop sessions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities: Tasks to be performed under this contract Improvement of existing PowerPoint files by:
Improving existing workshop PowerPoint presentations by animating and redesigning graphics, adding creative graphs and icons, potentially replacing wordy passages with images, aim for coherent design/look overall, to the extent possible.
Creating/Redesigning/Animating 4-6 visuals of selected images based on the topics of workshops.
Creating slides in iSpring (software) to present case studies and/or introduce breakout group exercises.”
Creating quizzes, surveys, and creative ice breakers through online tools such as Kahoot, Mural, Slido and in PowerPoint, which can be readily used and edited by a non-technical audience.
Receiving final approval from team after finalizing the items above and apply edits as needed.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
• All graphics are designed to a high-quality and in-line with IOM communication guidelines.
• The consultant responds to feedback and comments by the reviewing team and quickly and effectively integrates suggestions and recommendations in their work.
• The consultant delivers all work in accordance within established timeframes.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education, sxperience and/or skills required
• Bachelor university degree in Communications, Graphics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
• Two years of relevant professional experience in multi-media and communication.
• Fluency in Microsoft software such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Fluency in using Adobe Suite Tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign.
• Well knowledge of using the platform such as Mural, Slido, Kahoot, and etc is and advance
• Works well within a team but able to work well independently with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to produce work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
The consultant must adhere to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data
Protection Principles (IN/138) and maintain confidentiality.
The consultant will be responsible to follow IOM writing guidelines and latest glossaries in all given assignments for accurate translation.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment or visa requirements and security clearances.
• Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 12.10.2021 to 25.10.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: CON 2021 17 - Consultant - Graphic Designer and Virtual Training - Geneva, Switzerland
Posting: Posting NC57212152 (57212152) Released