PROJECT BASED EMPLOYMENT
POSITION WILL BE BASED IN COTABATO CITY
PROJECT TITLE: Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Project in Maguindanao
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Development Foundation Inc., through this project, project implements a Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) intervention in the province of Maguindanao with the goal of strengthening the capacities of affected communities and families including children to anticipate, cope, and recover from the negative impacts of natural and violent conflict disasters. The project will strengthen DRR knowledge and improve disaster prevention, mitigation, and preparedness capacities of the municipal local government units (LGUs) and targeted communities.
The Community Mobiliser (CM) is responsible for the effective implementation of project activities based on approved logframe, DIP and budgets. This position serves as the representative and or face of World Vision in the community; shares regularly the goal and objectives of the project with communities and other stakeholders, provides them information and updates about the project, engages, motivates and inspires them to actively participate and contribute in the project activities. CM works closely with the project team members under the direct supervision and technical support of the DRR officer position.
- Participates and contributes to quality operational planning and implementation/monitoring and project reviews to meet project objectives
- Implements required activities and tasks assigned for a given location or target community based on project and approved workplans and budget.
- Liaises closely with relevant local government units at the community level and work alongside community, families and children in all stages project implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation of processes/activities and results
- Adheres to World Vision policies and guidelines, including safeguarding, data privacy, safety and security protocols and WV code of conduct.
- Demonstrates a Christ-centered life and work in working with the communities, partners and stakeholders
Project Planning Processes
- Participates and contributes to quality operational planning of the project team
- Ensures individual familiarity and good understanding of the target communities to effectively contribute to the team
- Ensures good understanding of the project goals and objectives and strategies and seeks clarification about them from supervisor and project manager and other team members as needed
- Gathers, analyse and share community information to the team to support assessments, project planning and implementation, and reviews, design/re-design
- Facilitate planning activities with communities and partners for more synchronized and organized implementation of activities
Quality implementation, reporting and monitoring
- Ensures regular sharing of project objectives and strategies with communities, barangay level government, local partners and other relevant stakeholders in all stages of project implementation.
- Engages and conducts dialogues or meetings with individuals, families, children, community leaders, committees, groups, councils or general community to encourage discussion and sharing of their ideas on priority needs, vision for their community and ways on how their vision can be achieved. Information gathered from these community engagement activities is shared with DRR officer and other team members to support operational assessments, planning/designing.
- Facilitates a credible beneficiary selection process and beneficiary registration process
- Facilitates, guides and encourages participation of target populations in the implementation of the project at the barangay level.
- Ensures safe distributions, trainings, and other activities are organized and done in a timely and efficient manner.
- Properly accounts deliveries and distributions, and participations through proper inventories and documentation.
- Implements accountability mechanisms including appropriate community complaints and response mechanisms of the project in close coordination with Project MEAL Officer.
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationship at the barangay level
- Monitor closely all project implementations in all assigned sites or communities to ensure they adhere to set standards and that targets of the project are achieved satisfactorily. Discuss gaps, barriers
- Consult, report and feedback to DRR Officer issues coming from the community and seek approval and direction for on issues that need to be acted upon.
- Submits necessary monitoring reports and information to DRR Officer
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of project processes and end results. Capture success stories and lessons learned in project implementation.
Team and Team Performance Management
- Participates in project meetings and reviews
- Implements a collaborative performance planning and review with direct supervisor (set performance agreements based on project plan/deliverables, monitor progress, and discuss with supervisor)
- Strictly observes WV policies and guidelines, including security/safety protocols
- Models Christian values and lifestyle in life word, deed and sign, with utmost sensitivity to cultural context and dynamics of the project areas.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree on Social Sciences, DRR and related fields
- At least two years working experience in community mobilization or organizing work.
- Knowledge and experience working in Mindanao, particularly Muslim or mixed/tri-people context
- Team player have experienced working in diverse teams
- Have experienced in working with local governments, line agencies, and other humanitarian organizations.
- Experienced in supporting/organizing/facilitating capacity building/training for communities
- Excellent writing, communication, coordination, managing skills
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent in operating MS office software and use of technology/platform.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, can travel to remotes places and can cope with multiple stress including security risk areas
- Have background/good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian laws and standards
- With experience on Disaster Risk Reduction project especially relief or rehab context
- Ability to adapt in very fast-paced changing environment
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive and motivated
- Commitment to WV ethos
- The position requires to be based in Cotabato City and willing to travel to Maguindanao municipalities and other places in Mindanao that the project requires
How to apply
Please send your cv to email@example.com