Civil Society Initiative (CSI) Consultants,
USAID/Increase Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA),
Colombo, Sri Lanka
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity aims to strengthen Sri Lanka's civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes. IDEA is a six-and-a-half year (6.5) project ending on August 7, 2024. From September 2021, IDEA will support CSOs awarded the Civils Society Impact (CSI) activity in management and capacity building.
**Please note: Only Sri Lanka citizens are eligible for this position
The Civil Society Initiative Consultant will support civil society partners in contextual analysis and power analysis on the thematic areas. The consultant will support USAID's CSI awardees to redesign the program descriptions taking into consideration the contextual analysis provided. The positions will be part time with significant travel to field locations in different parts of the country.
- Provide the contextual analysis on the relevant technical themes of SGBV, safe migration, trafficking in persons and rights of plantation communities.
- Design the power analysis for the above thematic areas.
- Provide technical input into the redesign of the program description and subsequent revisions when required.
- Support the CSI awardees with any other technical support required to strengthen the program design and implementation.
- Master's degree in social sciences, law, or any other relevant field required.
- At minimum seven years of experience in a relief, development, or advocacy agency.
- Contextual understanding of key governance and rights issues throughout the country.
- Knowledge of the civil society organization (CSO) environments including different types of CSOs, actors, and networks.
- Experience managing and monitoring USAID sub-grants.
- Significant experience working on sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), safe migration, and trafficking in persons (TIP) and/or plantation communities.
- Ability to travel to regions outside of Colombo, as needed.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Fluency in written and oral English and one national language required (Sinhala/Tamil).
- Proficiency in a second national language preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.