Programme Officer-Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) at Christoffel Blinden Mission(CBM) International
Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) International is an International Christian Development Organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. CBM provides grants sourced from private and institutional donors to local partners, who subsequently implement the grants on the basis of contracts signed with CBM detailing implementation, accounting, and reporting standards. In this set-up, CBM Country Offices (CO) perform control and monitoring procedures aimed at partner projects; control reports from implementing partners to CBM, including comparison with original source documents, project contract and cost plans; and ensure compliance with organizational and statutory requirements.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
1. Job Title: Programme Officer -Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria; with travels to project locations
Contract duration: 2 years
Contract type: Full-time
Contract start: As soon as possible
Reports to : The Country Programme Manager
Main objective of the role:
The Programme Officer (PO) – Community Based Inclusive Development(CBID) will be responsible for project coordination and implementation of CBID programmes in Nigeria. S/he will work in close collaboration with local partners who are implementing the CBID programmes in Nigeria. S/he will liase with the Country Manager to support the development and smooth implementation of all CBID programs.
1. Main Tasks
Proactively manage the inclusion of persons with disabilities in CBM Nigeria country office CBID portfolio and other initiatives as may be required while Coaching of colleagues and partners on community inclusive development
· Supporting detailed disability inclusive program planning with implementing partners and other key stakeholders
· Strong Advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the governments on disability inclusive development
· Provide coordination, technical and capacity building support to partners in ensuring effective, timely and accountable programming;
· Support partner organizations, Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs)and Civil Society Organisations to implement activities following an inclusive approach;
· Actively contribute to concept papers, proposal writing and partner identification;
· Ensure effective representation of CBM in relevant technical forums and task forces, with donors and other key stakeholders;
· Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from stakeholders and submit detailed report about the findings;
· Support the Country Programmes Manager to prepare periodic project reports based on accurate and evidence-based data/information;
· Facilitate joint meetings and activities among partners
· Monitoring on inclusion for projects; assist in tracking project performance, monitor and follow up on project activities
· Ensuring that Data collection collation from all projects are disagreed by disabilities; track project indicators and outcome of activities and ensure projects achieve set targets;
· Deliverables and milestones planning; process monthly, quarterly and annual reports
· Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
· Updates on disability audit assessment (and risk management)
· Regular updating of all plans to ensure adherence to CBM’s CBID standards
· Ensure disaggregation of all project data by disabilities; Coordinate with partners and other departments to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans;
· Documentation of lessons learnt and good practices on inclusion, identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of implemented projects;
Travel activities ❒ yes
2. Requirements -
- University Degree in Disability Studies, Rehabilitation Science, Psychology, Sociology, Development or other related Social Sciences field is required;
- A Master's Degree/Relevant certifications will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years specific professional experience working in the area of disability inclusion; experience in CBID programming is an advantage;
- Prior project experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have both national and community-level engagement;
- Strong knowledge on safeguarding of children and adults-at-risk;
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to communicate clearly and respectfully
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in English language is a must. Understanding of Hausa is added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and other relevant project softwares.
- Developing Others
· Managing Performance
· Building Collaborative relationships
· Personal credibility
· Results Orientation
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline for Application:**27th October, 2021**
- CBM strongly encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- Only successful applicants will be invited for interview.
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- The role is a permanent contract located in Abuja, Nigeria. This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws.