The overall objective of the Field Coordinator is to ensure, under the responsibility of the Country Director, the implementation of activities in Ninewa Governorate, good coordination with local authorities in operational and security terms, and the general functioning of TGH’s Mosul office, in order to deliver essential services in the sectors of Child Protection, Food Security and Livelihood, and Natural Resource Management.
He/she supervises directly the team who will be composed of 3 expatriates (possibly more, according to the evolution of funding) and a team of national staffs (around 80 staffs). The Field Coordinator will develop TGH’s office in Mosul and contribute to the development of TGH activities.
The main responsibilities include:
Coordination and follow-up of projects
- Operational support for project managers in the implementation of the activities and achievement of objectives
- Ensure proper budget follow-up with program managers in relation with the coordination in Erbil.
- Participate in bi-monthly coordination meetings at Erbil level.
- Follow the project(s) in the possible absence of a project manager
- Follow up on the delivery of materials in conjunction with Mosul logistics and the logistics coordinator
- Ensure compliance with internal and donor procedures in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities
- Ensure a link and good coordination between the programs and all supports
- Participate in external and internal reporting
Implementation and development of intervention strategy
- Participate in the definition of the intervention strategy in the area of operation and update as necessary
- Organise and carry out field assessments
- Participate in proposal writing and fund raising
- Analyse the political, security and socio-economical context, and ensure timely and accurate internal communication
- Keep in constant relation with local authorities and various military actors present in the area of intervention, as well as security / NGO forums
- Regularly update the security management tools, in collaboration with the CD, and disseminate the necessary rules to all the Mosul office’s personnel
- Guarantee with the CD, a level and modalities of operation adapted the context
- Manage, in relation with the CD, any security incident and emergency situations, write-up incident reports
- Participate in all security related meetings with local or international, governmental, military and NGO actors
- Develop contact related to security at every level to develop new accesses in Ninewa.
Base management in Mosul, Sinjar and Rabia
- Ensure that internal procedures are understood by all staff and applied
- Ensure with administrative and logistics teams of the smooth running of the office, in their absence, ensure a proper level of log/admin support to projects with the support of Erbil coordination
- Ensure the mutualisation of means and adequate spread of support costs among all projects
- Maintain and develop good working relations with all local authorities, both civil and military (national army and militias) and other humanitarian actors
- Represent the organisation as necessary in coordination/cluster meetings
- Ensure adequate coordination with NGOs in the same areas of operation
- Ensure internal communication within the team through regular team meetings
- Carry out necessary appraisals of the staff under his/her supervision
- Supervise the management of national staffs by the international staff (respect of internal regulations, regular appraisals, sanctions, training, salary policy etc)
- Keep a healthy working environment and a good team spirit
Those responsibilities may be revised depending on the evolutions of needs in the field.
Educational background and experiences
- Minimum 3 years of humanitarian experience in the field, with at least 2 in a coordination role
- Minimum 1 year experience in a security management role in a complex conflict environment
- Experience in team management
- Experience in donor relations and fund raising
- Excellent skills in project cycle management
- Skills in accountancy / financial management/ logistics
- Good oral and writing skills in English, Arabic is a strong asset
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Good organizational skills
- Autonomy and rigor
- Adaptation capacities to dynamic context
- Ability and motivation to live in a very unstable security context
- Ability and motivation to live and work with a team
Location: Mosul, with frequent visits inside Ninewa governorate and to Erbil and Baghdad
Duration: 7 months – renewable depending on funding
Starting date: ASAP
Conditions: : Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €2,650 to €3,150 depending on experience, monthly per diem USD 650, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months. No family duty station.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Amandine RUINART, HR Officer: