Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for various potential Technical Specialist positions (Recycling, Governance, Private Sector Engagement) on a USAID-funded program Indonesia. The 5-year USAID-funded program seeks to help Indonesia achieve its development goal of reducing marine plastic pollution by improving urban waste management through public institution strengthening and private sector partnerships.
These potential full-time positions will be based in Indonesia for the full life of project (anticipated five years). For all positions, working knowledge of English, experience working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams, enthusiasm for frequent travel to field sites, knowledge of MS Office applications, and commitment to gender equity and social inclusion are required. Candidates with primary qualifications and experience in more than one of the below areas should indicate their interest in multiple positions in their cover letter. Indonesia nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Solid Waste Management/3R Specialist: This Specialist will work to increase capacity and effective governance of SWM and Recycling Systems for this initiative. They will be responsible for working with public, private, and community entities to strengthen SWM/3R systems, processes, and markets. **
Local Governance and/or Urban Planning Specialist: This position will support capacity strengthening in local government systems in Indonesia, overseeing short-term technical advisors and other mechanisms to assess, plan, and implement improvement programs largely focusing on SWM/3R systems.
Private Sector Engagement Specialist: This position will work strategically to identify opportunities for increased engagement of the private sector in support of evidence-based solid waste management. They will work to promote increased private sector investments in solid waste management and plastics reduction practices and facilitate alliances with local government and civil society.
* Master’s or Engineering degree (or Bachelor’s with 10+ years of relevant experience) in a field relevant to the position of interest (i.e. waste management, urban planning, environmental engineering, business administration, etc.);
* At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in Indonesia;
* Experience on USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred but not required;
* Proven track record of collaborating with a diverse array of stakeholders (including governments, the private sector, local organizations), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and integrating social inclusion with women, youth, and other vulnerable populations;
* Professional fluency in English required; and
* Indonesian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Women are also strongly encouraged to apply.**
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/TechSpecIndonesia
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.