Position Title : Business Analyst BT (Plan to Report/PRIMA)
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 October 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
IOM is undertaking an institutional review of key business processes under the Internal Governance Framework (IGF) initiative. The IGF outlines the essential requirements for a modern and fit-for-purpose internal governance system that maintains and facilitates key organizational strengths while simultaneously improving the quality of IOM’s overall functioning. Through the application of the IGF, IOM seeks to improve efficiency, effectiveness, agility, consistency, accountability and transparency across IOM, through, inter alia, streamlining processes, differentiating controls according to risk levels and employing digitization and automation where appropriate.
Driven by and under the ‘umbrella’ of the IGF, IOM is also in the process of undertaking a Business Transformation (the “BT”) which consists of digitizing and transforming key business processes as well as an upgrade of IOM’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution and the implementation of related enterprise technologies.
Under the direct supervision of the Business Process Improvement Specialist/ P2R Stream Lead/ PRIMA Project Manager, the overall supervision of BT Business and Integration Manager, and in close coordination with Functional area leadership, field staff, administrative centre staff, other BT streams, consultants and system integrator(s), and other BT and PRIMA project areas including data migration, testing, and training, the Business Analyst BT (Plan to Report/PRIMA)will be an integral part of the team.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Working at the direction of the P2R Stream Lead/ P2R Stream Lead / PRIMA Project Manager, closely coordinating with IOM field staff, BT extended team members, consultants/contractors and more senior specialists and/or the supervisor, perform the tasks of this section within the scope of Plan to Report business transformation tasks and PRIMA maintenance and enhancement.
Solution Strategy, Blueprinting and Realization
Maintain the collected User Stories, Key Business Rules, and Key Performance Indicators (collectively “business requirements”) with the selected solution and any decisions taken on solution strategy, check for alignment and notify the supervisor of any issues.
Prepare preliminary translations of business requirements and user stories for subsequent integration into the functional solution strategy, design, and specifications, and maintain traceability throughout the development process.
Provide technical inputs to support the development of expertise on the solution components and participate in the configuration and management of the solution. Check that the implementation of the solution accurately reflects the approved functional specifications and business requirements, with an emphasis on using out-of-the-box functionality wherever possible, and bring issues to the attention of the supervisor.
Recommend changes that may be needed to requirements and/or the planned solution and draft the documentation for the standard BT change control process for approval.
Maintain solution documentation, checking that it remains current, synchronized, and traceable from business requirements and functional specifications for PRIMA and the overall P2R business transformation.
Support the Stream Lead and Business Process Owner through the preparation of technical analyses to support the determination of the scope of data to be archived or migrated to the new platform(s).
Prepare the source data for transformation and migration to the archives and/or the target platforms in accordance with quality objectives.
Run test scenarios that demonstrate that the data migrated to the archives and to the target platforms are complete, correct, and consistent (that is, related values and objects are consistent with one another).
In this area, the business analyst will be working in close collaboration with the Organizational Alignment (OA), Communications and Training teams and will perform technical analysis and provide technical inputs.
Analyze and document changes between the baseline / “as-is” way of working vs. the way of working in the future platform(s).
Provide technical information on future processes, procedures, and solution(s) as requested by the OA team.
Support the training team by contributing to the development of objectives, syllabi and collateral/materials for role-based training.
Test developed training modules to check their quality, consistency and achievement of learning objectives with respect to the solution and propose changes as required.
Participate in conducting training sessions for both online and in-person modules. Testing
Participate in the User Acceptance Tests (UAT), checking that results are recorded completely and accurately by UAT participants; assist in evaluating the criticality of issues and depending on need, contribute to the formulation of workarounds for items that cannot be fixed prior to go-live.
Cutover and Go-live Support
Work closely with the cutover team to assist in identifying business and related technical tasks that need to be performed as part of cutover.
Be part of the “hypercare” support team that will be provided 2-3 months post core go-live (and for any related modules that go live prior to the core go-live).
In relation to the PRIMA system, support the PRIMA Business Analyst by preparing preliminary translations of ideas and business needs into business requirements.
Coordinate and participate in system testing activities in conjunction with the PRIMA technical development team and assist in tracking functionality enhancements identified during development and testing.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or field directly related to the stream/scope of work from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• At least two years of relevant business experience;
• At least two years of IOM and/or UN experience in the development, implementation and management of projects related to migration management and/or emergencies;
• First-hand experience with an ERP solution is required; comprehensive knowledge of multiple
ERP modules (HR, Finance, Procurement) would be a very strong advantage;
• Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management, such as coordination of working groups and training events;
• Experience working with SAP technologies (IOM’s legacy ERP system) or modern cloud ERP
platforms a plus.
• Expertise on the business process domain of this process area;
• Strong knowledge of the IOM Project Handbook is an advantage;
• Demonstrated understanding of project and quality disciplines;
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application/ operational requirements;
• Exceptional time management and consultancy skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
• Skills in conducting end user training;
• Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with internal technical and business stakeholders;
• Ability to coordinate a team comprising internal resources, consultants and system integrators
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 19 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 06.10.2021 to 19.10.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview,
processing, training or other fee). 10M does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 242 Business Analyst BT (Plan to Report/PRIMA) (P2) Geneva, Switzerland
Posting: Posting NC57203592 (57203592) Released
Page 6 I 6