Gender Specialist to Develop a Gender Action Plan – Short-Term Consultancy -- Indian Nationals Only
Miyamoto International is a global structural engineering and disaster risk reduction firm providing resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) recently awarded Miyamoto International (Miyamoto) with 5-year funding to support the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) Secretariat and bolster India’s leadership role in disaster response and risk reduction and lead the south Asia and other member countries in addressing disaster risks by building the resilience of communities and infrastructure.
The program has three purposes:
- Improve overall management of the CDRI Secretariat
- Improve technical support, knowledge management and advocacy skills showcased by the CDRI Secretariat
- Improve communications
Purpose of Consultancy
Miyamoto seeks the services of a Gender Specialist for an eight-week period to lead development of a detailed Gender Action Plan, which will address to close the identified gender gaps supporting USAID’s gender equality and women’s empowerment policy. The gender action plan to include what systems will be put in place to monitor and report the progress and lack of if any.
Gender Action Plan
The Gender Action Plan will follow USAID guidance for gender (USAID office of Gender Equality and Woman’s Empowerment and Women’s Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment (WEE) Act of 2018) and will include the following:
- Identify where USAID’s Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy and ADS 205 can be applied throughout the different activities
- Work with project staff to ensure gender is appropriately integrated in all trainings Strategize methods to monitor instances of gender disparities and gender-based violence (GBV)
- Take quantitative approach that describes the disparities specific to the program’s activities.
- Integrate gender analysis and propose additional or alternative measures of gender-related outcomes and impact for all MEL work supported by the contract
- Document successful activities and methodologies for gender integration
- Measures to integrate sex disaggregated data on MEL indicators where appropriate
- Develop at least one gender sensitive indicator to report/track how gender gap is being closed
- Other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity and women’s empowerment targets and goals
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies, gender, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on gender issues.
- Experience working in India.
- Demonstrated experience with gender integration in development programming.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Prior experience with USAID and ADS 205 highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Proven experience in analytical and report drafting skills
Detailed Gender Action Plan adhering to USAID Gender guidance and responsive to feedback from USAID, Miyamoto and CDRI.
The consultancy will take place over an 8-week period beginning in mid-October 2021.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV by October 19, 2021 to the Miyamoto Recruitment Team at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include CDRI Gender Specialist in the email subject line.