The USAID funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean project in US, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Operations Manager. This position will be located in the main office in Arlington.
Position Description/Summary: The CCBO activity is a five-year initiative of USAID which will serve as USAID's flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities.
The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing administrative systems and operations in the CCBO’s U.S.-based office (located in Arlington, Virginia) and supporting country operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, and Peru. CCBO additionally works through partners and with grantees in the Maldives and the Dominican Republic but has not established project offices in these locations. The Operations Manager reports to the DCOP-Operations and provides operational leadership for travel, logistics, procurement, human resources, financial management, and field office start-ups and close-outs. The Operations Manager supervises the Human Resources & Administrative Specialist based out of the Arlington, VA office. Additionally, the Operations Manager supports Finance & Admin Managers in the five CCBO project offices.
* Supervises, mentors, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Provides regular performance feedback and the time and opportunity to support their professional growth.
* Provides regular, ongoing support to staff in CCBO’s US office and CCBO’s five country office teams, including communicating and assisting with project-office requests and overseeing adherence to project requirements, government regulations, and Tetra Tech policies.
* Manages procurement of services and goods include drafting requests for proposals/quotes, analyzing proposals, drafting and negotiating subcontracts in coordination with technical staff, and preparing any other required documentation for submission to the Contracts, Grants, and Procurement (CGP) lead for review and approval.
* Supports the periodic update of field office policy manuals based on changes in local laws or USAID policies.
* Maintains CCBO inventory control system and supervises team to conduct a physical inventory verification on the contract anniversary date.**
* Reviews and provides comments on project technical work and project reports
* Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.**
* Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, administration, business, or another related field.
Master’s degree preferred.
*Minimum of 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible roles. Of which, at least seven years of experience required providing administrative and financial support to complex international development programs either from home office or field. At least three years of which should be in a supervisory role. *Knowledge of USAID and USG regulations, administration, management, reporting procedures and systems required.
*International field experience preferred (can include short-term field-based assignments and/or long-term postings overseas).
*Fluent written and oral English.
*Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision or guidance to achieve results.
*Strong cross-cultural relations and inter-personal communication skills.
*Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a high-pressure work environment and work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
*Mastery of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid, current U.S. work permit is required
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/OM-CCBO
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.