About the role
Function of department
To deliver the philanthropy and private sector strategy to secure a new a profitable income stream from U/HNWIs (Ultra-High-Net-Worth Individual), Family Foundations and Corporates
Main job purpose
You will provide support to the Director of Philanthropy and Private Sector Engagement, primarily providing the secretariat function for the Philanthropy and Private Sector Engagement team.
Philanthropy and Fundraising
- Assisting and supporting the fundraising function
- Contribute to the planning, development, and marketing of fundraising activities and participate in specific events and functions as directed
- Assist with the research of potential fundraising opportunities, including new funders, sponsors and donors, using a range of resources
- Support and assist members of the Philanthropy and Partnerships team in office-based aspects of fundraising whilst learning and developing own skills in this field
- To ensure all relevant information about supporters and potential supporters is promptly and accurately recorded
- The postholder will have frequent contact with funders, donors, speakers, and supporters, as well as a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Build knowledge and experience about Crown Agents’ business and the wider international development sector through working with colleagues, developing networks, desk research and communicating widely
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents’ speak up culture to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Contract type: 1 year fixed term
- Ideally, holds a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject (global development, international relations etc.) and as a minimum has graduated with a relevant degree
- Solid Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong self-management skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage tasks systematically
- Good written communication skills
- Comfortable working with limited direction
- Proven ability to work across organisations with effective communications
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation
- Proven organizational and time management skills: the ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond/adapt to shifting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills: the ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external contacts with confidence and poise;
- Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently.
- Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor and employee information.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.