Reporting to Director Syria Crisis Director the Program Development and Grants Manager will be the focal point for the region covering Syria, Lebanon and Jordan in new program development and grants management efforts. The Program Development and Grants Manager will lead all phases of the business development process. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of working on new funding opportunities in humanitarian and international development with a range of multilateral and bilateral donors as well as experience collaborating with local partner organizations. In addition to leading the program development role the position will work closely with all departments and staff including program, finance, and operations on compliance, donor regulations, and reporting.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of donor funding priorities and geographical interests relevant to Caritas Switzerland areas of work.
- Collaborate with country and HQ team to successfully position for new funding.
- Regular visit and coordination with in country and regional donors to present Caritas Switzerland work and explore opportunities of mutual interest and priorities.
- Be the focal in coordinating with program and HQ team to share best practices and lessons learned to ensure high quality proposal submissions.
- Strategic planning support to country office teams in the setup of funding priorities and targets and supporting the achievement of the regional and country targets.
- Drive business development in the region by providing effective proposal support, ranging from proposal management to comprehensive support and quality assurance.
- Strengthen internal systems and processes to ensure we are aligned to Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Network’s ways of working and internal requirements.
- Build strong relationship with other Caritas Network member to make sure strategic priorities and operational ways of working is agreed.
- Coordinate concepts note and proposal development, including sharing initial assessment of new opportunities, preparing timelines, ensuring the proposal team adheres to deadlines, supporting recruitment, assisting in budget development, ensuring document completion, organizing meetings and compiling notes, and drafting and proofreading proposal sections. This includes support to country office teams in the management and maintenance of Caritas Switzerland grants management system.
- Coordinate with Compliance and Acquisition to get guidance on USG, FCDO, EU, and other donor policies and ensure project design is responsive and compliant with donor expectations, rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and communicate with other Caritas Network and local partners. Negotiate and finalize teaming agreements with partners and ensure vetting of partners is performed by country offices as per Caritas Switzerland requirements.
- Provide quality assurance and quality compliance support on proposals.
- Facilitate the identification of consultants and/or additional support for opportunities in collaboration with the country and regional teams.
- Lead on the organization and follow-up of grant opening meetings, monthly grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings in collaboration with the country team.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal Caritas Switzerland documentation system esp. CARA.
- Facilitate internal post-submission debrief sessions with country teams, other Caritas Network, Local partner and Govt counterpart to collect lessons learned.
- Substantial experience and a successful track record leading large proposal teams on complex subject, multi-year, multi-partner proposals with minimal supervision.
- Experience in developing and supporting humanitarian and development proposals for NGOs.
- Experience with strategies and proposal processes of key government/statutory donors – SDC, US Government (USAID, OFDA, BPRM, etc.), FCDO, EU institutions (ECHO, EUTF), and other donors (GAC, Sida, FCDO, GFFO, etc.
- Experience in collaborating with and supporting national partner
- Experience in grants management. - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate across a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Clear, compelling writing skills, preferably with previous experience with proposal writing.
- Ability to travel internationally (approximately 20% of time).
How to apply
Your place of work will be Beirut, Lebanon. The job will include frequent travel to Syria and Jordan.
Starting date: as of 1st November 2021 or as agreed upon. This position is a national contract, but also open for applications form international candicates.
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Ms Rehana Zawar Ali, Director Syria Crisis Response (email@example.com).
Thank you for your interest.
We look forward to receiving your job application including your Cover Letter and a Resume by 1st November 2021 latest through our web portal.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne