The Consultant supporting the strengthening of the Technical Centre for Disaster Risk Management, Sustainability and Urban Resilience (DiMSUR) will contribute to operationalisation, scaling up and reinforcing the role of DiMSUR as a regional centre for excellence on disaster risk management, sustainability and urban resilience in southern Africa. This will be initiated in the context of the SEA Urban Resilience project for which the DiMSUR Consultant will oversee all aspects of the regional component, including planning, implementation, and reporting of project activities.
● supervise a Logistics and Administrative Assistant and a number of expert consultants, all based in the DiMSUR office in Maputo, Mozambique.
● ensure that the regional component of the SEA Urban Resilience project is planned and implemented according to agreed timelines and budgets in coordination with the Project Manager, the National Project Managers and the City Project Managers.
● oversee the logistical organisation of project activities and ensure the functioning of related online repositories and platforms.
● be responsible for coordinating reporting to the DiMSUR Executive Board (EB) and arranging logistics for meetings.
● have representational functions liaising with other DRR/M, CCA/ urban resilience practitioners and project partners in the sub-region in order to identify shared learning opportunities leveraging expertise and resources of other activities under the DiMSUR umbrella, and knowledge management functions within DiMSUR.
● regularly meet and brief government partners and donors in order to update all stakeholders on the progress of the regional component of the SEA Urban Resilience project as well as DiMSUR's overall work in the sub-region
● closely coordinate with the SADC DRR Unit to ensure the consideration of DiMSUR’s role in the future SADC Humanitarian Operation Centre (SHOC).
How to apply
Interested consultants are invited to submit their Expression of interest to: email@example.com (c/c Princess.Milolo@oxfam.org.za)
indicating in the subject "DiMSUR_Consultant_2021_name_surname" by 29 of October 2021
For more information on this position, the Expression of Interest, and the evaluation criteria, please consult the Term of Reference