CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting CARE South Sudan’s financial health and viability by ensuring good financial planning and management as well as overall compliance with CARE, donor and government rules and regulations at the Country Office level. The Finance Manager is responsible for the day to day financial operations at the Country Office level; implementing CARE International’s financial systems to provide effective support to the Country Office. He/she plans, directs, and is responsible for providing quality financial services to all projects, units and staff in the CO. The Finance Manager reports to the Country Director, works closely Senior Management to ensure that partnership is developed between finance, programs and administration.
- Team leadership and functional management
- Strategic management and planning
- Policies, procedures and systems
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Awards and sub awards management
- Capacity building
- Keep up-to-date with CARE’s emerging strategies and approaches and contribute proactively towards implementation. Take responsibility for ensuring personal safety and security; giving due care and consideration to the impact of personal decisions on the safety and security of others
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Management or related field
- Fully Certified Public Accountant (CPA and / or ACCA)
- At least five years as a Finance Manager or equivalent experience
- At least 8 to ten years’ experience working in the developmental and / or humanitarian sector specific technical experience in budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, grants/contracts management and business management
- Demonstrated experience with financial troubleshooting and audit
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants and contracts management processes
- Relevant donor policies and procedures
- Facilitation skills to conduct training for small, medium and large sized groups
- Solid analytical skills and problem solving
- Ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to learn quickly new systems, processes and procedures and accept local practices to global standards
- Excellent leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
- Ability to both lead teams and work with teams
- Ability to work at detailed level while understanding the larger picture
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and financial software applications
- Good communication skills both oral and written in English
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
- **Apply now