- Build HRF's presence in Yemen.
- Provide overall leadership to, and hold ultimate responsibility for, HRF’s programming and humanitarian intervention in Yemen.
- Oversee and implement HRF’s strategy in Yemen in line with strategic objectives set in consultation with HRF HQ.
- Build and maintain networks of potential partners, and donors.
- Oversee recruitment of field staff in Yemen.
- Maintain responsibility for management of all in country field staff.
- Ensure HRF compliance with local laws and customs.
- Maintain relationships with relevant local authorities.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies appropriate to the Yemen context.
- Ensure that all HRF policies, standards and procedures are upheld and maintained.
- Manage the logistical needs of HRF Yemen, assist in the opening of offices and the attainment of visas.
Engage with humanitarian partners and colleagues in Yemen to ensure high degrees of visibility and coordination.
Educated to advanced degree level in relevant field.
At least 5 years experience working within a similar management context in a high stress environment
Significant knowledge and experience of donor liaison and grant management.
Evidence of success in engaging partners, donors and colleagues to achieve organisational goals.
Strong and proven leadership skills.
Extensive experience in HR processes, in the recruitment and management of national and expatriate staff.
Proven strategic and analytical thinking.
High level of financial literacy with the ability to steer an organisational budget.
Strong communication skills.
Fluency in English
Fluency in Arabic (desirable)
Knowledge of and experience within the Yemen context (desirable)
Applicants already in Yemen will be prioritised for this role
How to apply
Please send the following in English to: email@example.com
Details of 2 references.
Please put "Country Director - Yemen" in the subject line. Please note that applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a view to filling the position as soon as possible, so early application is advised. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.