- Assist in carrying out all procurement and logistics activities of the base (fleet management, premises, ICT and equipment, related tasks, supply chain management).
- Provide support to Programmes Department when required, including conducting assessments and working on project proposals.
- Represent HRF at capacity assessments and introduce lessons learned from previous assessment reports.
- Follow-up on inventory levels in programmes carried out by HRF.
- Oversee transport of goods and coordinate trips to the field, liaising closely with drivers and security guards.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the training/learning curriculum and establish 'best practices' to improve procurement quality in the field.
- Train and deliver learning outputs to staff engaged in programme activities.
- Assist the HRF HQ in developing policies and incorporating changes/lessons learned on the ground.
- Perform various administrative duties such as typing, filing, mail preparation and distribution, photocopying, etc.
- Perform logistical and procurement procedures according to standards and requirements as outlined by HRF and any donor policies.
- Ensure validation and recording of supply requests according to established criteria.
- Independently work to ensure that the fleet is used in a rational manner.
- Assist on transport arrangement requests.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that are consistent with the job and its level of responsibility, as and when required by management.
Must be willing and able to travel throughout Yemen.**PERSON SPECIFICATION**
University educated in a relevant field
At least three years demonstrated experience in a procurement role, preferably working in an INGO context
Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English
Demonstrated knowledge of procurement procedures and best practice
Experience using Kobo and/or other data collection tools
How to apply
Please send the following in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of 2 references.
Please put "Procurement and Logistics Officer - Yemen" in the subject line. Please note that applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a view to filling the position as soon as possible, so early application is advised. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.