Title: Programme Manager (Syrian nationality)
Reporting Line: Executive Director
Duty Station: Turkey Gaziantep - Full Time
Muzun for Humanitarian & Development (MHD) is a civil society and Non-for-profit Organization registered in Gaziantep, Turkey, since 2015. We are dedicated to providing relief and non-relief assistance inside the whole of Syria. MHD was founded by professional humanitarian workers engaged in the Syrian humanitarian response, coming from the communities affected by the conflict. We have set up this organization in order to support fellow Syrians on their way out of vulnerability, providing assistance to maintain their resilience and to help them coping with the challenging conflict environment. In our work, we focus on the most vulnerable people of the society, including, but not limited to: women, children, elderly, and persons with special needs. As a grassroots organization, our work is community-led, locally owned and sustainable. We aim to support pre-existing structures where possible and embed our assistance in a self-sustaining development trajectory. MHD operates all across Syria, currently focusing on Aleppo governorate (A’zaz, Jarablus, Al Baba and Western countryside), Idleb, Hama Countryside, Daraa and Qunaitera Governorates. Additionally, Muzun is working as a third-party contractor in a big network of stakeholders dedicated to the Syrian humanitarian response, providing support in Data Assessment and Quality Assurance amongst others. Muzun aims to use this network for cooperating and coordinating humanitarian assistance, providing the best synergetic effects possible for the people in need.*www.muzun.org*
Programme manager *
The Programme Manager will work under supervision of Executive director for start-up, ongoing management, and continuing development of all daily activities under MHD’s CCCM , shelter, Wash Projects for the IDP and Non-IDP Settlements inside of Syria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of MHD sectors strategy ensuring coherence with partners’ strategic frameworks.
- Provides technical support to MHD’ teams, develops their capacities and guarantees high technical quality of the Shelter outcomes and activities implemented by MHD .
- Ensures relevance and appropriateness of the Shelter interventions and supports identification of sectoral needs and gaps in target areas through the design of assessments and monitoring tools, and drawing recommendations based on the assessment/monitoring findings to MHD Shelter Doners .
- Takes part in field monitoring of partners’ activities and draws recommendations to MHD Shelter and Camp team .
- MHD on development of reporting mechanism, technical guidance documents and tools, sector policies and other technical documents with inputs from MHD Shelter project .
- Ensures that the Shelter, CCCM and Wash intervention is in line with the specific sectors guidance, global humanitarian standards, MHD Technical application and donor’s standards.
- Strengthens coordination between MHD Shelter, CCCM, and Wash partners ensuring coherence across programme approaches.
- Represent MHD at sectors meeting and enhances coordination with other stakeholders.
- Ensures appropriate monitoring mechanisms and indicators are in place with MHD ’s M&E Coordinator .
- Draws best practices and lessons learned ensuring they are reflected in programme design and implementation.
- Consolidates activity reports of MHD’s Shelter ,CCCM and Wash intervention and contributes to reports to Doners,
- Ensures that all key topics such as Housing Land and Property (HLP), protection mainstreaming and DRR are adequately reflected in the design and implementation of MHD Projects.
- Contributes to coordination and quality of Shelter and CCCM intervention of MHD’s Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM).
- Participates in the relevant meetings with partners, MHD and the donor including field visits.
- Managing and writing proposal & reports after coordination with Finance department.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- · At least 5 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- · Proven field experience in Shelter, CCCM,and Wash programming (at least 3 years);
- · Able to technically assess designs and works and to align these with donor requirements.
- · Experience working in a consortium setting would be an asset;
- · Familiarity with Shelter technical guidelines of donors, humanitarian standards and Shelter Cluster guidelines;
- · Ability to influence and provide evidence for donor guideline development
- · Experience in building the capacity of teams;
- · Experience in representing an organization in strategic meetings and coordination fora;
- · Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- · Excellent command of English and Arabic, Turkish would be an advantage;
- · Strong grasp of programme quality management including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- · Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- · Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- · Excellent budgeting management experience
- · Excellent experience working in Grants Management System (GMS)
- Adherence to MHD Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles
- Valid legal papers (identity - residence - Turkish identity)
How to apply
Applications for this position should be sent (by email only) to HR@Muzun.org with the title of Job, the deadline is on 30, sep,2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.