All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Central and West Africa Regional Office (CWARO) located in Dakar, Senegal, supports and provides oversight to NRC’s country programmes in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria. All countries are experiencing a deterioration of the security situation, increasing humanitarian needs and displacements due to conflict. NRC’s programmes and advocacy support families affected by conflict in the shelter, food security and livelihoods, education, water and sanitation, camp management, and legal assistance sectors. NRC has over 1,300 employees working on the NRC regional response.
Role and Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on Finance.
- Support and monitor compliance with the Finance handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances.
- Monitor overall financial reporting and financial control, as well as cash flows for NRC Country Offices (CO).
- Coordinate and consolidate the Country Office’s budgeting and reporting and produce required analysis and reports assigned by the Regional Finance Unit
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the finance handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Ensure that country set ups adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, procedures and initiatives
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development and project implementation
- Conduct routine country field visits to monitor compliance of internal control and financial systems
- Implementing and following up on audits and evaluations findings for the smooth running of the country Office
- Provide technical support and advise on NRC Financial Handbook, guidelines and tools.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in French and English
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Communicating with impact and respect
To learn more about the role, please click on Regional Financial Controller
What we offer
24 months of full-time contract
Grade: 9 in NRC's grade structure
Senegalese national terms and conditions apply.
Duty station: Dakar, Senegal with 30% travel to the field
This role is open to Senegalese Nationals Only!
How to apply
Please Click Here to Apply!