Qualitative Methods Expert – Victims Institutional Strengthening Program (VISP)
USAID/Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL),
The Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity provides USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the MEL of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. To support this purpose, Panagora Group and its subcontractor Management Systems International (MSI) will provide technical advisory MEL services to the USAID/Colombia Mission. These include monitoring support services, performance and impact evaluations, studies and assessments. These efforts will facilitate informed program management choices, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission.
The purpose of this final performance evaluation is to assess whether the VISP's interventions, deliverables, outcomes, and results have been accomplished according to its theory of change and results framework. Additionally, this evaluation intends to consider the socio-political context and the COVID-19 pandemic. Finally, the results of this evaluation will support USAID/Colombia in making informed conclusions about the design and management of upcoming programming decisions.
**Please note: Only Colombian citizens are eligible for this position
The Qualitative Methods Expert will support the evaluation design, implementation, and reporting activities for the evaluation. The key role of the Institutional Strengthening Expert is to ensure that institutional strengthening considerations are adequately integrated in the design, instruments, data collection, analysis and reporting of the evaluation deliverables. The Qualitative Methods Expert will work closely with the evaluation team and will receive support from the MEL activity leads. The period of performance of this assignment will be 12 months from its initiation, which is anticipated in September 2021, with a part-time dedication.
- Support the Team Leader with the evaluation design including the construction of indicators, data collection methods for qualitative information, and analysis plan.
- Design qualitative instruments for the data collection, appropriately coordinating and collaborating with sector specialists.
- Coordinate and collaborate on the design of a codebook for the codification process, working with sector specialists.
- Assure the quality of qualitative data collection during and after the data collection period.
- Perform the application of qualitative instruments in fieldwork.
- Support the coding process, from the training of the coding team to the elaboration of the analysis plan for the generation of inputs (reports and qualitative visualizations) for the study of the information.
- Support the examination of qualitative data for the final evaluation report.
- Support the Team Leader other activities as requested, such as the preparation of reports and presentations for USAID and the Implementing Partner.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, economics, or other related fields required; Graduate degree preferred.
- At minimum of seven years of experience conducting qualitative research.
- Proven experience in conducting high-quality qualitative analysis.
- Knowledge in victims and social policy is preferred.
- Experience in NVivo preferred.
- Experience with USAID evaluations preferred.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of written and oral English required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.