Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam GB is looking for Senior Private Sector Partnership Broker, in this role you will
- Support progressive relationships with allies, movements, networks and other national actors from civil society or the private sector in association with country offices to give voice to under-represented people globally and in the UK through programming, influencing, and learning.
- To lead the development and support of new programmatic partnerships with private sector players that align with Oxfam objectives and the priorities of Oxfam country teams.
- To provide support to countries / regions on new programme partnerships with the private sector working across strategic priority themes
- Provides strategic leadership for the development of the SME Strategy and provides guidance to the
- Supports programme staff and partners through regular facilitation to think critically about their implementation strategies and programme approaches, using framing, promoting reflection and sharing learning within the different teams.
- Through an adaptive learning process contribute to the SME/MSME portfolio work.
- Acts as a connector and knowledge broker with other specialised functions to bring in expertise as needed to build existing Oxfam Programme e.g. GRAISEA and SIWEE
- Provides strategy development and implementation support to partners and programme manager
What we are looking for
Role will require
- Mutual accountability
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment
- Experience of collaboration with NGO- Private sector partnerships
- Project management experience. Projects funded by institutional donors and private sector
- A passion for the project concept of community-led change, ideally with an understanding and experience of the philanthropy sector.
- An eye for detail who can develop and keep meticulous records and documentation, with the ability to analyse written and numerical data to draw out insights effectively.
- Demonstrable ability in administration, financial management, award compliance and sub-award management, and tracking activity performance and costs.
- Experience working in partnership or multi-agency consortia with demonstrable interpersonal skills, ideally with experience of consortium governance
This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people with fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.