Who We Are
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people's shared values and commitment to peace worldwide. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing, and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the most challenging problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front-row seat on the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
USIP is hiring a senior project assistant to work on the Tunisia program. The project assistant will provide administrative and logistical support for USIP’s security sector training reform project. The scope of work includes logistical, administrative, and financial tasks and some programmatic responsibilities. This is a full-time position based in Tunis, Tunisia, with some domestic travel required. This position is open to Host Country Nationals and legal residents in Tunisia. Hiring for this position is contingent upon funding availability.
• Provide logistical and administrative support for USIP’s technical assistance projects with the Government of Tunisia. This includes, but is not limited to contract submission, document preparation for payments, coordination with vendors, preparation of event budgets, as well as overall budget projections.
• Attend, support, and monitor project activities as needed
• Organize logistical and administrative aspects of workshops and meetings
• Coordinate scheduling of meetings, follow up with partners, attend meetings, and take notes as needed;
• Provide translation and interpretation support as needed in English, Arabic, and French
• Prepare and disseminate timely programmatic and financial reports to the Tunisia Country Manager, the Tunisia Project Officer, and to other entities as appropriate;
• Ensure that databases and documents are updated as necessary and in a timely manner to enhance the knowledge management of USIP’s programs;
• Ensure smooth knowledge transfer ad workflow between different project staff.
• Plan and support the travel of USIP staff and participants;
• Assist in preparation of annual and quarterly project work plans, and arranges relevant planning meetings within the office and with counterparts;
• Assist in monitoring progress against project output and provide feedback and action steps to the Tunisia Project Officer to achieve project objectives;
• Support in collecting and analyzing M&E data;
• Support Program Officer to ensure projects’ staff follow USIP policies and procedures: security, finance, administration, and operations;
• Represent USIP when/where necessary;
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in international relations, education, political science, management, or related field required
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in international contexts, especially in client-facing roles
• Experience working directly with the Tunisian government or other national government bodies (preferred)
• Experience in strategy, planning, and change management processes (preferred)
• Experience in event design/planning and implementation
• Professional written and spoken fluency in English, Arabic and, French
• Strong interpersonal communication skills in international contexts
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and overcome challenges
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
• Strong active team player
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.