You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
The resilience and early warning systems (DRM) senior advisor position is part of the Technical Engineering Direction of Acción Contra el Hambre. This technival direction develops technical solutions to improve food and nutrition security, coordinates the technical knowledge transfer model and generates evidence of the results of our work.
The resilience and early warning systems (DRM) senior advisor position will lead the organization's resilience and early warning systems strategy to increase its social impact in our countries of intervention, generating more value for people, communities and institutions threatened by hunger.
Key activities in your role will include
- Develops and leads the resilience strategy, disaster risk management and early warning systems of the organization, be the DRM methodological reference and coordinate the team of DRM referents in the countries where we operate.
- Leads the innovation and research strategy in the field of resilience, disaster risk management and early warning systems and the DRM positioning
- Leads the definition of strategic resilience and disaster risk management key programs based on the expectations of our stakeholders.
- Oversee the quality of implementation of DRM strategic priorities in the countries where we operate
- Represents the organization in technical coordination spaces linked to the resilience and disaster risk management sector, in media, etc
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Advanced Knowledge in environmental science, water and sanitation, food safety or similar sciences. Knowledge in disaster risk management, multi-risk monitoring systems and early warning systems
- Specific technical knowledge on: climate crisis, community resilience mechanisms, geographic information systems and mapping, PowerBi and data analysis tools, governance mechanisms and public-private partnerships for risk anticipation, and project cycle management
- A minimum of 5 years of field experience in humanitarian interventions in DRM positions. Mandatory experience in early warning systems
- Experience and good skills in delivering training to teams from different countries, languages and cultures
- Spanish, French and English essential
Our remuneration package:
You will join a multicultural, professional and innovative organization and the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Indefinite contract
- Based in Madrid.
- Remuneration from 36,800 euros gross per year (depending on the worth of the candidate)
- Access to flexible compensation plans (medical insurance, transportation, daycare and food tickets).
- Professional career adapted to you where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and soft skills.
- Work life balance between personal and professional life, with the option of flexible hours, intensive working hours and the possibility of taking part in our teleworking program.
- 25 working days of holidays a year with the possibility of organizing them and even taking half days.
How to apply
Only applications received through our online service will be considered. Please click on the following link to access the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.