The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 192 member National Societies. The IFRC acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
The IFRC has a decentralized structure: five regional offices (each with several regional and country offices reporting to it) covering the globe and responsible for frontline delivery through National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, backed by the secretariat based in Geneva. The IFRCs secretariat focuses on setting norms, standards and guidance, ensuring consistency, coordination and accountability for performance, knowledge sharing, and influential representation with global level partners. It is organized in three building blocks: Partnerships; Programmes and Operations and Management.
The post is based in the IFRC CCD in Jakarta, reporting to Programme Coordinator.
DRM FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION SENIOR OFFICER-NATIONAL STAFF
Date of issue : 14 – 09 – 2021
Closing date : 28 – 09 – 2021
Duty station : JAKARTA
Country : INDONESIA
Contract Duration : 6 (six) months with possible extension
Category of Staff : National Staff
To support the implementation of DRM program/project implementation by providing high quality support in finance, administration and reporting (financial) while contributing to the DRM department’s overall goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Support to the Implementation of the DRM program management
Grant/Contract Management – long-term and short-term DRM projects/programs
- Support the management of agreements with PMI and potential external partners and providers by ensuring that all contracts are validated from a financial point of view before being signed at PMI/CVTL side, in accordance with the latest agreed Federation – PMI/CVTL procedure on Contracts and Agreements.
- Validate and reconcile individual contractor payments to ensure payments are in accordance with the agreement and completion of actual work.
- Support the DRM team to comply with donor rules and regulations, Federation Secretariat policies and procedures, as well as local regulations by accompanying PMI/CVTL on the process.
- Provide guidance and assist the team in the identification of fraud and corruption risks, make recommendations for improving internal controls, and ensure follow through.
- Support the DRM team to check operational and Fedbudgets and forecasts for projects and operations, including completing financial document for recording in the IFRC system.
Support the delivery of timely financial reporting, by liaising with PMI and CVTL on the provision of financial reports, supporting financial documents, reconciliation of working advances and checking and verifying that supporting financial documents are in line with IFRC financial requirements.
Work closely with the Finance Team and Manager to ensure compliance with IFRC financial regulations, trouble shooting issues and advising the DRM team on financial management issues.
Support the DRM team to set up systems and tools to regularly to monitor expenditure against project budgets and help facilitate meetings with PMI and CVTL on budget variance analysis.
Compile, translate and produce meeting reports.
Support coordination, roll out, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, and ensure that activities are implemented according to the approved proposal, budget, and timeline.
Support PMI and CVTL with financial and procurement capacity building.
Logistics and Administrative Support
- Support procurement processes and the recruitment of consultants and temporary staff to support programme implementation.
- Provide basic logistical support to the organisation of meetings, trainings and knowledge sharing events with multiple global, regional, and country partners.
- Provide support to PMI in a weekly basis.
Contribute to an effective, high quality IFRC team:
- Be flexible in your work definition according to needs and targets and improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources.
- Be a pro-active team member fostering a customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation, high performance and cost effectiveness.
- Foster a co-creative environment with colleagues in the Secretariat, Regions and the National Societies as well actors in the relevant external environment.
- Support the DRM Team in IFRC CCD in strengthening financial standards in the team by contributing to: regular reports on use of funds within programme are provided; and ensure budget needs are met and reported upon in a timely and efficient manner.
Some travel within Indonesia is required.
- Finance or administrative degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced university degree (master's or equivalent) in Disaster Management or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- 7 – 10 years of experience with 3-5 years of working in the humanitarian or development sector, with a focus on organizational development, finance or movement cooperation.
- Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC.
Knowledge and Skills
- Programme and project management experience including planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Results oriented and demand driven individual, entrepreneurial, ability to lead in unprecedented and/or ambiguous situations.
- An ability to be proactive and persuasive.
- Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and new approaches to engaging partners.
- Professional credibility, able to work effectively at all levels across the organisation.
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality.
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment.
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia, spoken and written and other local languages an advantage.
How to apply
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: IFRC JOBS Online or click bit.ly/DRMFinanceAdmin