Position Title : Head of Panama Financial Review and Support Services
Duty Station : Panama City, Panama
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 September 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
External female candidates:
Candidate from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana;
Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
Under the direct and overall supervision of the Head, Panama Administrative Centre (PAC)/Chief of Mission and the functional supervision of the Chief of Global Accounting and in close collaboration with the Chiefs of the Budget and Treasury Divisions of the Department of Resource Management (DRM), the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, managing, implementing, and coordinating the work and staff of the Panama Financial Review and Support Services (PFRS) unit, located in the Panama Administrative Centre (PAC).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the work of the units of the PFRS in order to ensure complete and timely delivery of global financial support services to IOM offices, in full coordination with the respective HQ divisions and the MFRS team located in the Manila Administrative Center, in the dedicated areas of (a.) Accounting support and controls, providing technical accounting support to IOM Offices; (b.) Project financial monitoring and report certification; (c.) Centralized external reporting processes, such as UNDP Service Clearing Account of IOM, including UNV invoicing; (d.) Support to HQ Treasury processes; (e.) Support to HQ Budget processes; (f.) ERP master data maintenance, analysis and improvements, including new project activation and user roles management.
- Ensure timely and appropriate support, advice and guidance is offered to field offices on the above financial services.
Provide authoritative input to policy issuance by HQ units based on lessons learnt and systemic issues identified.
As IOM’s subject matter expert on project financial monitoring and financial reporting, provide advice, guidance and approvals within the related delegated authorities to the staff members of the Manila and Panama Financial Review and Support Services as well as to regional and field offices on subject areas linked to project financial administration, monitoring, reporting.
In close coordination with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Division, oversee the day-to-day functioning of the central project financial report endorsement functions of IOM, considering risks and abnormal trends detected and proposing/taking actions to address those.
Regularly report and advise on detected financial risks, budget overruns, deficits, doubtful project receivables and systemic issues within IOM’s accounts and accounting practices, to the concerned Divisions of DRM.
Closely monitor, assess and get regularly updated on the donor reporting requirements of IOM’s main donors and keep in regular contact with IOM’s respective focal points to ensure the timely resolution of potential compliance matters. Keep abreast on the developments of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
Prepare and issue regular global updates and overview of matters of key relevance in the areas covered by the team and also on specific aspects covered as key subject matter expert.
Establish adequate controls within PFRS, perform risk assessments, establish performance indicators to measure effectiveness and efficiency of the supervised services. Follow up and implement internal and external audit recommendation relevant to the function.
Coordinate closely with the Head of Manila Financial Review Services (MFRS) to ensure harmonized approaches and processes, to facilitate smooth provision of financial services of a global coverage by both locations, and to ensure integrity, consistency and continuity of such service provision.
Support with the implementation and maintenance of IOM’s ERP system and propose enhancements as a key internal stakeholder.
Perform such other duties and undertake duty travels as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master's degree in Accounting, Finance; Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience; and
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be an advantage.
• Experience working in financial management with responsibilities for accounting, reporting, budget and financial analysis;
• Experience with project financial reporting, project audits and financial controls and risks management is required, experience at field office level is welcomed;
• A minimum of five years of progressively evolving leadership experience in financial management with responsibilities for accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis;
• Experience in computerized accounting systems (including SAP).
• Knowledge of IOM's and/or the UN regulations, policies and procedures, coupled with experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
• High level of computer literacy with proven ability to conceptualize business requirements related to technological improvements in the area of finance;
• Advanced analytical and financial reporting skills;
• Clear capability to lead, motivate, manage and mentor team members including the capability to build a high performing, accountable and inclusive team.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.p
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 23 September 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 10.09.2021 to 23.09.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 218 Head of Panama Financial Review and Support Services (P4) Panama City, Panama (57162365) Released
Posting: Posting NC57162366 (57162366) Released