With support from the Global Fund, USAID, DFID, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and other donors, PSI has worked in Liberia since 2008.PSI/Liberia has implemented social marketing and evidence-based behavior change communications to deliver prevention and treatment products and services across a range of health areas, including sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, child survival, WASH, and the Ebola Virus Disease. PSI/Liberia's historical partnerships with the Ministry of Health and many non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations in Liberia help expand the reach of health and communication campaigns in alignment with national policy to reach the most vulnerable.
PSI seeks a Finance and Administration (F&A) Manager to lead the financial management of activities under an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded sanitation project in Liberia. The project will implement a comprehensive county-wide approach for sustainably ending open defecation and increasing access to basic sanitation through 1) Improving sanitation governance, 2) Promoting the adoption of safe sanitation behaviors, 3) Strengthening sanitation markets, and 4) Increasing access to financing for sanitation. Sound like you? Read on.
The F&A Manager will be responsible for the effective financial management of the program, including but not limited to accounting, sub-grant management, timely and accurate donor, and PSI/Washington financial reporting. This person will ensure financial operations follow USAID regulations and comply with PSI policies and standard operating procedures. This position will prepare and submit financial reports to USAID.
Strategic leadership and oversight role:
· Provide direction and strategic leadership to the organization's finance, IT, supply chain, branch operations, grants, and contracts portfolio to ensure that operational processes efficiently support program teams.
· Ensure that the finance, IT, supply chain, grants and contracts systems and process align with the project priorities.
· Ensure local policies and procedures align with PSI Global Services Finance, Procurement, Grants and Contracts policies, procedures, and requirements, and proactively identify and manage any potential conflicts to ensure compliance with the necessary regulations.
· Design and maintain internal systems that ensure accurate and timely reporting on financial performance of the organization.
· Promote and demonstrate an ethical environment, in line with PSI's values of honesty and acting with integrity.
Financial reporting and policies:
· Establish and/or refine and disseminate policies, systems and practices for effective management, procurement, disbursement and accounting for all financial resources in line with PSI Global accounting policies, funder requirements and local law where required.
· Work closely with the finance team to prepare submission of monthly financial packages to PSI/W and to ensure complete, accurate and timely recording and reporting of transactions.
· Coordinate with Programs and co-lead monthly review and analysis of financial reports and reconciliations with attention to how resources can be better allocated to achieve program objectives, Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Donor compliance.
Budgeting, Financial analysis, Compliance:
· Lead the annual operating budgeting process.
· Validate monthly common cost analysis and update cost ratios to ensure each donor bears the correct proportion of common costs in line with PSI's global policy, as applicable.
· Manage the common direct cost budget to ensure efficient and effective use of donor funds to support common direct costs, when necessary.
· Prepare modifications and Activity realignments as necessary.
Technical Support, Audits and Legal:
· Support preparation and successful conclusion of internal and external auditing activities for the COP, PSI/W and for the donor annual audit reporting.
· Ensure that the team responds to audit requests on a timely basis, and provides clear, complete, and accurate information to auditors.
· Review management comments for audit reports and ensure appropriate action is taken to correct audit findings.
· Review and test controls to ensure systems are compliant with PSI Global Services Finance, Grants and Contracts policies, donor requirements, as well as local laws.
· Ensure prompt preparation and submission of statutory returns, donor reports and tax compliance, as applicable.
Operational Management and Administration:
· Ensure branch operations, IT, procurement, warehouse, and fleet management activities are delivered efficiently.
· Establish and support suitable accounting, IT, Fleet Management and general administrative systems and personnel.
· Ensure procurement system is adequately updated in line with PSI Global Procurement Manual and changing funder guidelines.
· Ensure adherence to PSI Global Responsibilities Matrix on Approval limits for Procurement of Goods and Services.
Sub-Award and Sub-Contractor Management:
· Lead the development and negotiation of sub-award agreements, workplans and budgets, if applicable
· Coordinate monthly reporting process from sub-awardees and joint programmatic and financial reports reviews, ensuring that costs are in line with the progress on delivery and implementation and that budget variances explanations are provided.
· Conduct regular sub-award visits / evaluations to verify adherence to contract terms and gauge internal control systems to obtain confidence in the reports submitted.
· Design and implement a proactive, rigorous, risk-based and effective sub-awardee monitoring system and approach.
· Contribute to designing the capacity building plan for sub-awardees in financial management, internal control systems, budgeting and forecasting, technical programs implementation and coordinate the provision of trainings when needed
· Lead sub-award closeout in accordance policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor's Degree in finance, business administration, accounting or a related field; Master's Degree preferred;
· Preference is given to a Certified chartered accountant;
· A minimum of ten years of experience in managing, increasing roles of responsibility in finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, and/or human resource-related matters for international development activities of similar scope and size;
· Demonstrated understanding of USAID policies and procedures, including administrative, reporting, and management policies;
· Demonstrated supervisory experience of professional staff;
· Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office and accounting software;
· Excellent diplomatic, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
· Professional proficiency in English
· Strong preference for a citizen of Liberia
· References will be required.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status, or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter (only) to *Liberiawash@psi.org. Please list title of the position you are applying for in a Subject Line**.*** The deadline for resume submission is September 30, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted