CARE seeks a Performance and Impact Measurement (PIM) Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Improved Health Service Delivery (IHSD) activity in Haiti. The anticipated program’s objective is to contribute to USAID/Haiti’s goal to support a stable Haiti by investing in health services, supporting the Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services, and strengthening the health system.
This position is subject to project award and funding and anticipated to be based in Port-au -Prince.
The Performance and Impact Measurement Specialist is a Key Personnel position and will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of this program, developing a methodology and tools to design an evaluation. S/he will also ensure timely and accurate reporting as required on program indicators on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, in collaboration with USAID and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys. Develop and monitor the project’s PMP to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and leadership team.
- Facilitate state-of-the-art knowledge management practices and real-time, applied and collaborative learning processes. Generate robust evidence for project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making and influence.
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Monitor project activities and tracking these activities against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets. Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donor, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborate with the Chief of Party and other senior team members to compile and submit reports to the donor.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting. Supervise, mentor, and build capacity of the project’s M&E team.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Master’s degree in development studies, public health, statistics, economics, or other relevant subject with strong quantitative background.
- A minimum of 8 years of M&E experience in international development projects with a Master's degree or 6 years of M&E experience with a PhD.
- Experience leading the M&E function of a large USAID project is preferred; this experience must include full-cycle M&E experience (from project inception through close out).
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous positions / programming. Demonstrated commitment to PSEAH (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and operationalizing a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and operationalizing routine monitoring system designed to track both output and outcome indicators.
- Strong quantitative background and demonstrated expertise in designing annual monitoring surveys including probabilistic sampling strategy and estimating sample size, developing appropriate weights, and analyze quantitative data.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing qualitative studies, in-depth knowledge about qualitative sampling, and experienced in using interview and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and analysis.
- Experienced in developing data quality assurance strategies, data management, and data visualization.
- Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French; Creole is an advantage.
- Ability to travel within project areas of Haiti as required and as the security situation allows.