Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) position on a USAID-funded program Colombia. The 5-year USAID-funded nature tourism initiative titled Destination Nature Activity (DNA) seeks to build sustainable business models for Colombia's nature tourism sector that support community development, conserve the country's rich biodiversity, and reduce drivers of land use change.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the DAF will be experienced in, and responsible for the project’s administrative operations including finance, human resource management, contract/grants compliance, procurement and office administration while ensuring compliance with USAID, local laws, and Tetra Tech rules and regulations. This would be a full-time position based in Colombia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide guidance to all staff for complying with the budgetary regulations of Tetra Tech and USAID;
* Manage Financial Accounting System including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures and preparing monthly financial reports in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements and regulations;
* Provide financial and budgetary information to the Home Office for USAID as needed;
* Provide guidance and organize training, as necessary, for staff on relevant USAID, Tetra Tech and Government of Colombia rules and regulations;
* Participate in project procurement processes for goods and consulting services, including drafting requests, analyzing proposals, drafting contracts, negotiating contracts and prices, reviewing contractual deliverables for quality and preparing the required documentation;
* Manage HR records for each employee including employment contracts, employment evaluation forms and annual leave;
* Manage confidential payment of monthly payroll and orders payments of income tax, pension health and unemployment benefits to government funds.
* University degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, and/or some other relevant discipline is required.
* Minimum seven (7) years’ experience providing administrative leadership and oversight to all aspects of development project operations – grants management experience highly desirable;
* Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Advanced Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks required;
* Spanish and English proficiency required.
* Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DAFDNA
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.