Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Mali. The Mali ANKA JIKO project will tie into USAID Mali’s greater Integrated Health Project and will seek to support the Government of Mali (GOM) by enhancing provision and financing opportunities that will allow for increasing access to, and affordability of, rural water services. This position will be full-time and based in Mali.
The DCOP Technical – Rural Water Systems Management will oversee the project’s technical management component, and will oversee the design, construction, and/or improvement of rural water systems. The DCOP Technical will collaborate with local and national authorities to develop plans for water supply improvements, implement short and medium-term water supply infrastructure improvements, and re-establish local water supply operation, maintenance, and management capacity sufficient to ensure long term sustainability and cost recovery. The DCOP Technical will manage members of the technical team and should have strong leadership qualities. Other possible areas of support will include institutional strengthening and reform, monitoring and evaluation, environmental compliance, communications and outreach, and gender and facilitation.
* An advanced degree in a related field, such as engineering, civil engineering, etc. is preferred.
* At least ten (10) years of directly relevant water engineering experience in an equivalent position required.
* Strong knowledge of and prior experience on municipal water supply engineering projects, including planning, detailed design, construction, and operations; rural water supply; WASH Sector policy and governance; knowledge management and communications.
* Experience with institutional strengthening and capacity building in the water sector.
* Prior experience in Mali or West Africa preferred.
* Experience working with USAID projects preferred.
* Professional fluency in English and French is required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPTechANKAJIKO
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.