BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
We are currently looking for an AAP Senior Assessment Officer to join the Global Inter-Sector Unit in HQ.
Title: AAP Senior Assessment Officer (SAO)
Contract duration: 3 months, with possibility to renew (contingent on funding)
Start date: October 2021
Under the supervision of the Inter-Sector Unit Manager, the AAP SAO will act as a focal point for an upcoming global AAP pilot activity, to be conducted in partnership with UN OCHA. In this role, the SAO will provide technical and programmatic support including coordination of country teams participating in the pilot, as well as leading on the production of global analysis products. There is also a possibility of contributing to the further development of AAP research programming and strategy within the global team. This is a new role within the team with an opportunity to inform and shape the direction of this portfolio and engage with key global partners on AAP within the humanitarian system.
Functions and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the global Inter-Sector Unit Manager based in Geneva HQ, the REACH AAP SAO will perform the following functions and responsibilities in support of the HQ Inter-Sector Unit:
Develop analysis products using REACH data from inter-sectoral research cycles such as the Multi- Sector Needs Assessment (MSNA) that inform humanitarian response planning and prioritization decisions at both global and country levels
Provide technical inputs to AAP research and analysis and support the integration and uptake of AAP findings in response planning processes
Provide technical and programmatic support to REACH country teams in designing and implementing AAP components in needs assessments and mainstreaming AAP in data analysis and final information products
Engage with global AAP partners and inter-agency bodies, including but not limited to the IASC Results Group 2 on Accountability and Inclusion
Contribute to internal programme design and strategic planning regarding the REACH AAP work stream
Contribute to fundraising and proposal development processes in support of further expansion of the REACH AAP work stream
· Excellent academic qualifications, including Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. development, humanitarian studies, international relations, research methods, social sciences)
· At least 3 years of experience in the humanitarian sector, including field-based roles
· Experience with designing and implementing quantitative and/or qualitative primary research
· Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting
· Excellent interpersonal skills, include strong external engagement and coordination skills
· Familiarity with the humanitarian system and global humanitarian policy frameworks, in particular the Grand Bargain Participation Revolution, IASC Commitments on AAP, and related policies
· Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
· A self-starter with proven ability to work independently
· Fluency in English required; proficiency in French or a second relevant language an asset
· Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management Software
· Ability to operate Stata, R, SPSS, or related statistical programming an asset
How to apply
Kindly submit to the following link: Senior Assessment Officer (Accountability to Affected Populations) | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org