Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 months
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarites International (SI) has been working in Syria since 2012. The mission counts about 250 national staff, more than 45 expatriates, and has a 27 million EUR budget forecasted for 2021.
There are 3 mains implementing offices in Syria (2 in North East + 1 sub office, 1 in North West + 1 sub-office) with the coordination office in Amman and a liaison office in Erbil.
Syria mission is dedicated to work on 2 main challenging areas: Northeast (NES) and Northwest (NWS) Syria to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict.
Main current activities are related to emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation), distribution of essential NFI (winterization, hygiene, shelter, new arrival kits, etc.), Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance, public infrastructure rehabilitation (schools, water stations, irrigation canals, health facilities, etc.), private housing unit rehabilitation. The mission is also developing a new sector of intervention in NES, livelihood’s activities will be launch in the second half of 2021 (support to farmers, small businesses, etc.).
The mission has been expanded in 2018-2019 through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The consortium will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. Syria mission is also leading several other consortia with WASH, health and education partners in NWS and NES.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Capacity building of the finance staff at coordination level as a new set up has been implemented and most of the staff are taking over new responsibilities: to train them on tool and procedures and accompany them into these changes.
- Support the Finance Coordinator in order to cope with the on-going workload. Increase the quality & accuracy of the reports (donor & internal) while the Finance department in Coordination ensures stability and has trained staff following a new set-up recently in place.
Responsibilities and main activities:
List of main activities:
Capacity building of the coordination finance staff on tools and processes:
- Develop a capacity building plan for each staff according to their needs
- Prepare tailored- training session for the staff regarding SI tool and procedures
- Accompany them into their job changes
On ad-hoc needs at coordination level; support finance coordinator in coping with the heavy workload:
- Support on the BFU process: update of new accountancy and sharing with the base as well as consolidation and analysis drafting.
- Assist the finance coordinator in checking accurately financial reports
- Prepare budget proposals & budget modifications for NES/NWS when requested, to be validated by the Finance coordinator
- Prepare financial reports when requested, to be validated by the Finance Coordinator
- Review the internal controls of Finance department & give proposition to Finance Coordinator & DCD-Support
- Prepare / review financial risk for the validation of Finance coordinator
- Review Allocation board for the mission and give inputs to the team on necessary modifications required
- Work on financial analysis when requested by Finance Coordinator or DCD Support
- Support & co-facilitate Finance Coordinator in organizing finance workshop at mission level
Specific skills and experience:
- A degree related to Financial Management in Humanitarian Sector would be an advantage.
- At least mission at field level with Solidarités International
- At least 3 years of experience as finance base manager at field level
- Deputy finance coordinator position would be appreciated
- Previous experience in the Middle East is appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Good computer skills (high level of Excel knowledge is compulsory, Pack Office and Internet)
- An excellent knowledge of SI financial procedures and tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detailed and precise
- Flexible and resourceful
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read)
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Knowledge of French is an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2420 euros gross per month (2200 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
and a monthly Per Diem of 785 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked > i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract**.**
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The candidate will be based in Amman. Living conditions in Amman are very good and staffs have access to a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars. Most of occidental products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible in Amman. The country also proposes several destinations for weekends.
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses which are spacious and very comfortable. No visits to the bases would be planning during the mission.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=65310. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/