Senior Early Childhood Education Specialist (Sr. ECE Specialist)
Save the Children is seeking a Senior Early Childhood Education (ECE) Specialist for the Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity funded by USAID. The Sr. ECE Specialist will be the Result 1 Lead.
The Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, the five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improved literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity includes a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
Qualifications and experience & skills
- A higher education degree in early childhood education or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in ECE or related area
- Experience managing teams and background implementing USAID-funded education activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Strong planning, coordination, presenting and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Familiarity with MINEDUC/REB and knowledge of the Rwandan education sector
- Compliance with and promotion of all Save the Children global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle Blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety
Expertise in ECE preferred
- 4 years and 7 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please, include also details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dS5ob3NpYW5lLjExNjU0LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ