Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to*save, protect, and transform* lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, re ligion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Project Insight is CRS’ initiative to improve Finance, Human Resources and Supply Chain functions, supported by Oracle Cloud technology. Improved processes will make CRS more efficient; using timely, accurate data for decisions will make CRS more effective. By equipping our staff with tools for better stewardship, Insight will help us to better meet the needs of those we serve. To maximize the business and technology return on inv estment from the implementation of an integrated solution for Finance, Human Resources and Supply Chain, CRS intends to establish a Center of Excellence (COE) to govern, manage, and maintain the systems and processes addressed by Project Insight.
Within the context of Project Insight, the HCM Core HR Module Business Process Owner (BPO) manages through the various stages of the project, from planning and design through production support, maintenance and optimization. At any stage, the BPO leads the design and/or refinement of the end-to-end business and system processes for his/her workstream, and ensures data quality. S/he assists with project planning; develops high-level and detailed functional design; executes configuration, testing (e.g. user acceptance testing), training, Go Live, and deployment; and provides for hyper-care, maintenance, support and optimization of the HCM Core HR Module. This BPO works closely with the re spective field-based BPOs to speak with one voice for the Oracle HCM workstream.
- With a One Agency lens, serve as the primary decision-maker for the HCM Core HR Module, effectively managing conflicting appr oaches to the benefit of the overall project
- At all stages, coordinate effectively with HR Leadership, Core Team, COE colleagues, and the SI, and ensure all necessary input from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for the most accurate and effective results
- Drive collaboration between the business units, as well as within these functions, to foster the integration that CRS is seeking
- Understand and help accomplish Insight business case objectives, including management of workstream scope
- Strive to minimize disruptions that may arise in the CRS business environment as a result of implementing a new integrated solution
- Recruit and coordinate SMEs in respective workstream to ensure proper application of expertise
- Using SI templates where provided, lead and/or support the design and implementation of various consultations, workshops, materials, and analyses in support of each project stage
- At each project stage, lead and/or su pport project planning exercises for future stages
- Using SI templates where provided, provide and/or coordinate input into various work products, such as strategies, designs, blueprints, test scripts, and implementation plans
Supervisory Responsibilities: No formal supervision, but involves matrix relationship with SMEs, Data Assistant and HRIS Analyst.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in respective workstream, with deep understanding of business processes
- Excellent understanding of conceptual and practical aspects of respective workstream
- 2+ years’ experience with HRIS or integrated databases, Oracle HCM Cloud Core HR experience is preferred.
- Director-level line management experience preferred
- Ability to see beyond current state
- Clear One Agency perspective
- Exceptional negot iation, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and appreciation for accuracy
- Systems thinker
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply