Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organisation that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Secours Islamique France is looking for a Head of Mission M/F based in Khartoum, Sudan.
SIF have been following the situation in Sudan for the past few years and has set the goal of becoming an active humanitarian actor in Sudan. Globally, SIF's strategy is to focus on the daily needs of populations affected by natural disasters, conflicts, and poverty by developing social support projects.
In 2020, Sudan faced an important inondation. SIF intervened alongside the Red Cressent in the Khartoum states to help the population affected by the catastrophe. Hundreads of food packages were distributed.
You will be under the supervision of the DESK Manager, as part of the SIF Coordination Team and you will be supervising the Human Resources, Finance, Logistic, Program Coordinator and Security. You will be in charge of providing the overall leadership and strategic direction of SIF operations in Sudan.
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- Develop and maintain a coherant strategy that contributes to SIF;
- Maintain and develop SIF's presence in Sudan;
- Supervise the implementation of all aspects of the programs and review and suggest amendments when necessary;
- Represent SIF, coordinate and advocate on key issues with local national authorities, UN agencies, donors and INGO's;
- Organise and supervise capacity building and development of national staff;
- Ensure adequate management of warehouses, compounds, transportation, goods in kind, and assets according to SIF procedures;
- Ensure safety and security framework for SIF operation is developped, communicated, adhered to and regularly reviewed.
- Master's level qualifications in humanitarian management, international cooperation, project management.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experience as Country Director, or Deputy Country director, or Chief of Party with INGO's in similar context.
- Substancial experience in strategic thinking, including indentifying, analysing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style of all staff
- Written and speaking English
- Full time
- Starting date : ASAP
- French fixed term contract : 6 months
- Remuneration according to our salary grid
- Monthly perdiem / Guesthouse
- Health insurance ( 60% covered by SIF)
- Rapatriation insurance ( 100% covered by SIF)
- R&R to your homecountry ( covered by SIF afer 6 months of mission)
- Leaves every 3 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct.
SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart's principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!