About the role
Function of department
Supporting clients to improve health outcomes for citizens in developing countries and works to strengthen and advance health policy to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies and delivery systems
Contribute to the success of CA by winning and developing profitable business results and building CA’s reputation as ‘go to’ provider for health system strengthening solutions
Main job purpose
- Provide technical input on health projects across a broad range of technical areas e.g. routine immunisation, RMNCH, malaria.
- Support the monitoring of existing health projects through ensuring robust monitoring and evaluation plans are executed.
- Provide technical input into new program design including developing theories of change, technical delivery strategies, and robust monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches
- Working in close collaboration with health team members, support new business winning activities – this could be developing relationships with new clients, leading the bid process on an identified opportunity
- Represent Crown Agents and network at external events, Conferences, donor EME’s etc
Assist in delivery of the Department’s annual financial target.
Main job responsibilities
- Support the development of winning bids and work with the extended bidding team to source, monitor and respond to strategic opportunities
- Providing leadership on the technical design health proposals, theories of change, MEL plans etc & review expression of interests and proposals
- Assist the Health Director to grow a profitable and sustainable pipeline in health systems strengthening.
- Lead and manage pursuit capture plans.
- Provide mentoring and support to junior members of the Health team, as appropriate.
- Support other health team administrative duties as needed
When acting as Project Manager ensure:
Contracted annual financial target is met or exceeded;
Deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality;
Risks are mitigated and managed;
Client and partner relationships are managed.
Deliver annual target for billable days;
Provide inputs into marketing and promotion materials;
Assist Health Director in producing regular updates on progress against Department’s AOP as requested.
- Build compelling and consistent thought leadership in subject areas.
- Building a network of associate health experts to collaborate with Crown Agents
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agents’ commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
Where applicable, the Job Holder shall
- 1) undertake all procurement in compliance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) in accordance with the provisions of our Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (Human) (WDA (H)) issued by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and our United Kingdom Controlled Drug Licence issued by the Home Office
- 2) ensure that all procurement is carried out using the relevant corporate IT system(s) in operation
- Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents’ speak up culture in order to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Post-graduate health qualification (e.g. Masters in Public Health) or other relevant discipline, or qualified by experience.
- Experience working with bi-lateral aid donors, UN family;
- Experience of working in a developing country a plus;
- Demonstrable experience working in complex and time-pressured contexts.
- Experience in programme design, M&E frameworks
About the Organization
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.