Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Mueda, Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION
Following the passage of Cyclone Idai, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL intervened in Mozambique in March 2019. After a few months and the end of the emergency phase, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL suspended its operations. Additional cyclones as well as the increase violence of armed groups claiming to be linked to IS have caused the displacement of nearly 700 000 people. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL have therefore decided in May 2021 to carry out an assessment in Cabo Delgado province and to reopen its mission.
For the opening phase, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is looking for a small team (a Field Coordinator, an Administrator, a Logistician and a Program Manager) to open a base in Mueda district and implement a first UNICEF’s WASH project as well as another multi sectorial project of a total of 450 000 USD. The projects aim at supporting IDPs and host communities affected by the conflict. It is articulated with two main axes of intervention, providing both lifesaving activities and sustainable WASH activities, guaranteeing an immediate response to most critical needs while ensuring a sustainable impact. The area of intervention covers Mueda and Nangade districts, in the north of Cabo Delgado Province. Emergency water treatment and supply (SWAT), emergency latrines support, provision of hygiene kits and hygiene promotion will be provided in transit centers whereas in relocation camps. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL will support access to safe water, improve sanitation, distribute hygiene kits and promote hygiene basic practices. Complementary projects, as well as other project targeting other district are under development.
ABOUT THE JOB
The administrator carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL procedures. He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers. He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’S Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base. He/she supports monitors and trains the members of his/her administrative team.
Specific stakes and challenges:
- Financial, Budgetary, Accounting and Cash management
- Administrative and Legal follow up
- Implementation of the national HR policy
- HR management for national staff
- Expatriate administrative HR management
- Vehicle Fleet and transport Management
- Administrative Reporting/Communication
- Team management
- Complex security environment
- Emergency and development crossing mission
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Support the Field Coordinator in obtaining administrative authorization (national /provincial)
- With the support of the representative in Maputo and HQ, assess the administrative and legal environment and ensure the organization complies with the regulations
- Open a bank account and revise the existing Cash management policy accordingly
- Support the Field Coordinator and Program Manager in the recruitment process, recruit the Administrative team
- Contribute to the development of the mission and design of project budget
- Education background in accountancy, internal control or financial management is mandatory
- At least three years of experience as manager in humanitarian environments, including one year in a similar position
- A significant experience of management is necessary
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Financial management skills – knowledge of major institutional donor rules (OFDA/UNICEF/ ECHO…) is an asset
- Very strong organizational skills are necessary
- HR management (contractual, payroll…) is necessary – knowledge of HOMERE is an asset
- Managerial skills are mandatory – team management, capacity building are highly appreciated
- IT knowledge as well skills in supply, market assessment and purchase procedures are some assets.
- Perfect command of Excel
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 1980 euros gross per month) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
LIVING CONDITIONS: Pemba was a touristic place. Living environment is quite nice, and the same comfort as in Europe can be enjoyed with the sea and the sun ! In the inland districts and rural areas, living conditions are however tougher. Frequent visits to Pemba (accessible in less than an hour by plane and 8 hours by car) will be required to ensure coordination with partners and links with the authorities.
COVID 19 :
Solidarités International recommends vaccination against Covid-19, using WHO approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure in order to reduce the logistical constraints once on the ground.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=64573. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/