Jewish Family Service is a 129-year-old non-profit organization providing social services to individuals and families in the Jewish and greater communities of the Puget Sound region. We help people achieve well-being, health and stability.
Jewish Family Service is seeking an Employment Case Manager in the Refugee & Immigrant Services program. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position provides case management services critical to refugee and immigrant clients’ economic stability. The position will work one-on-one with clients to identify and overcome barriers to employment and financial asset building, focusing on long term career planning and advancement. The position is based at the JFS’ Kent office, but will have responsibilities throughout Puget Sound. Travel will be required to meetings in the community, medical and social service facilities, and employment appointments. Regular and punctual attendance with occasional overtime is required, as well as some evenings and weekends.
· Create a strengths-based individualized career plan with clients, identifying and managing towards short and long term goals.
· Provide case management that supports stable employment including obtaining/maintaining refugee benefits, addressing routine medical needs, ESL enrollment, transportation support, and assistance with childcare enrollment.
· Provide ongoing job readiness orientations needed to secure, retain and advance in employment, including interview skills, workplace culture and expectations, and industry-specific skills.
· Identify asset building goals with clients. Develop realistic plans based on goals. Connect clients to financial institutions and asset building agencies as appropriate.
· Assist clients in accessing suitable trainings, work experience opportunities, and educational institutions to create entry points into appropriate career pathways. Assess and record client progress towards goals of career plan.
· Maintain information on community resources and develop relationships with other providers and professionals, as needed.
· Conduct professional communication and professional networking skills workshops at local partner agencies, community-based organizations and in the Kent office.
· Support clients through professional mentorship opportunities ensuring ongoing professional support from volunteer mentor.
· Provide ongoing household budgeting support and teach clients skills needed to build a realistic budget.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within field.
· Experience working with other cultures and ability to effectively communicate with people who speak English as a second language.
· Case management/employment placement experience a plus.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable access to personal vehicle as well as ability to drive agency vehicles required.
· Familiarity with local community resources and systems in social service support programs.
· Demonstrated ability to self-manage competing priorities, pay attention to detail, and clearly and concisely communicate and collaborate with others.
· Fully vaccinated individuals required due to client facing nature of the work; accommodations provided if possible.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
· The starting pay for this position is $23.46 - $26.07/hour.
· Jewish Family Service offers a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, FSA, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with employer contribution, EAP, and ample paid time off.
If you are interested in joining our team visit our careers page: https://www.jfsseattle.org/careers/
*Please submit both a cover letter and resume*
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
How to apply
Please visit the posting on our careers page: https://www.jfsseattle.org/careers/#employment-case-manager