Jewish Family Service is a 129-year-old non-profit organization providing social services to individuals and families in the Jewish and greater communities of the Puget Sound region. We help people achieve well-being, health and stability.
Jewish Family Service is currently seeking a Resettlement Case Manager to join our Refugee and Immigrant Services team. This full-time (37.5 hours/week) position provides trauma-informed and client-centered case management services to refugees who are new to the US. The position is based in the agency’s Kent office, but work is carried out in locations throughout the Puget Sound, including other JFS sites, clients’ homes and other locations in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide trauma-informed, holistic case management services to newly arrived refugees, including advocating for and coordinating access to benefits, medical care, school and English class enrollment, and conducting home visits.
· In partnership with clients, develop and implement a strengths-based individualized self-sufficiency plan that expedites client stability and integration.
· Ensure timely and complete delivery of core case management services in compliance with the Reception & Placement contract.
· Conduct furniture move-ins, ensuring that all new arrivals have appropriate furnishings and household goods in compliance with the Reception & Placement contract and Department standards.
· Facilitate client community navigation and understanding of available resources and support systems.
· Collaborate with the Resettlement Program Manager and other staff to ensure efficient and appropriate care coordination within the resettlement team and across RIS programming.
· Maintain appropriate case files, ensuring complete, accurate, and timely documentation in compliance with Department expectations.
· Internal and external referral services as appropriate to meet client needs.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within field.
· Experience providing trauma-informed direct services to diverse communities and ability to effectively communicate with people who do not speak or have limited proficiency in the English language.
· Repetitive heavy lifting is required. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move items, including furniture, weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable access to personal vehicle as well as ability to drive agency vehicles required.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet client needs. Some evening and weekend work required. Overtime maybe required during high-arrival periods.
· Fully vaccinated individuals required due to client facing nature of the work; accommodations provided if possible.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
· The starting pay for this position is $23.46 - $26.07/hour.
· Jewish Family Service offers a generous benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401k with employer contribution, EAP, and ample paid time off.
How to apply
Please visit the posting on our careers page: https://www.jfsseattle.org/careers/#resettlement-case-manager