Desired start date: 01/10/2021
Duration of the mission: 12 months, renewable
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
ABOUT THE MISSION...
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) has launched its operations in Lebanon in March 2013 to address immediate needs of both Syrian refugees and Lebanese affected by the crisis.
Ever since, SI in Lebanon has transitioned towards more integrated programs to still address basic needs such as WASH, Shelter, Health and protection (the 2 latter through partners). In 2020, SI Lebanon started an ambitious DRM project (in consortium with the Lebanese and the French Red Cross), funded by the AFD and DANIDA, and which aims at developing a river-basin integrated model to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies such as floods. With the same partners, SI is addressing the consequences of the Beirut Blast response through a 2-phased project to rehabilitate damaged dwelling units and public spaces (in partnership with the Lebanese and the French Red Cross). In 2021 SI Lebanon started an EU-funded WASH project to work with local Water authorities to improve Water delivery networks.
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s mission in Lebanon has two operational bases (Tripoli and Zahle) and a coordination office in Beirut. The expatriate team consists of 18 staff members, while the national team represents about 170 staff members. At the time of writing, SI LEB budget volume amounts to roughly 15/16 M USD, Tripoli base counted for 60% of this amount and Zahle base for 40%.
Key areas of intervention for the mission are the following:
- Emergency WASH service provision in informal settlements (UNICEF)
- Emergency response and Integrated Protection for basic services (shelter and WASH rehabilitation) in Substandard Buildings (ECHO)
- Integrated Wash and Shelter for Protection and Health in Collective shelters and substandard buildings (BRM)
- Disaster Risk Management (AFD-DANIDA)
- Wash infrastructures development (EU)
- Mapping of informal settlements (MEDAIR / UNHCR)
- Cash assistance third party monitoring system (CAMEALEON)
ABOUT THE JOB
Current situation in Lebanon:
The Lebanon Crisis Response Plan 2017-2021 is currently under revision (adaptation) to better capture the new emerging needs and ensure a bigger inclusion of most vulnerable populations within the scope of the plan.
The Consortium Coordinator oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of SI Lebanon consortium project (funded by AFD/DANIDA) of which SI is the lead organization (premium). He/She facilitates the governance of the consortium, ensures the link between the partners, the institutional donors of the project and other stakeholders. He/She is – with the Steering Committee – the safeguard of the strategic orientation of the project, its consistency and its compliance with SI procedures and funding partners.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Supports the development and update of an integrated strategy at the project level in coordination with the Consortium Steering Committee.
- Anticipates contingency plans allowing continuity of the humanitarian response in case of a change in context.
- Ensures monthly reporting from the members of the consortium and organizes program monitoring meetings and capitalization exercises with the various partners.
- Ensures compliance with the rules and modalities of governance of the consortium as defined in the partnership agreements between the lead and the partners and supervises compliance with contractual validation obligations with institutional donor(s).
- Ensures the efficiency, effectiveness, transparency and participatory nature of the means of coordination implemented between the partners.
- Checks the relevance, quality and consistency of the implementation of the project.
- Supervises and assesses the achievement of common and specific objectives.
- Proposes programmatic and operation adjustments necessary to the project to the members of the Steering Committee, and facilitates the implementation of those changes with the partners’ respective teams.
- Maintains and/or develops a transparent, constructive and trusting relationship with the institutional donor(s) of the project.
- Leads the consortium's external representation to all relevant operational coordination platforms.
The main challenges and priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Continue building the constructive and trusting relationship with the donors of the project and the key
- Finalize Consortium Contingency Plans SOPs and have them validated by the donors
- Reinforce the compliance framework of the consortium
- Oversee the finalization of key procurements
- Follow-up with partners the implementation of key ongoing activities (initial study, CBDRM…)
- Ensure the set-up of technical taskforces
- Coordinate the writing of an intermediate donor report
The Consortium Coordinator is under the line Management of the Country Director and under the functional supervision of the Desk Program Manager Officer and the Desk Donor’s Accountability and Development officer.
- Advanced university degree (BA) in development & humanitarian studies, social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years with INGO specialized in Humanitarian assistance
- Previous experience working in a consortium structure (preferably in a coordination position)
- Previous experiences at management and coordination level
- Previous experience in integrated programing especially in DRM, and/or shelter/WaSH, Health and Protection programing
- Previous experience in the Middle East and/or Lebanon
- Previous experience working with AFD
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong coordination and representation skills
- Strong Project Cycle Management skills
SOFT SKILLS AND SPIRIT:
- Organized and problem solving spirit
- Autonomy and capacity of initiative
- Flexibility and strong coordination skills
- Ability to work under pressure, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Fully fluent English and French: excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Arabic is a strong asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- A salaried position: Salary scale will be communicated during recruitment process.
- Living conditions will be communicated during the recruitment process.
- Break policy if applicable
- Social and medical cover if applicable
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=65210
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website.