The Application Support Specialist at the IRC will provide timely support to the daily operation of business applications at the IRC. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a diverse, multicultural environment. The candidate should also have a sense of ownership over all applications and should ensure smooth daily operation of all application in the position's purview.
The position will initially focus on configuring and supporting the Budget vs Actual (BvA) system. BvA is a management report that shows how much of a grant was spent, committed, and how much remains at the end of a month. This position's portfolio will grow to include other applications in the near future.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Perform advanced-level application troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, administration, and configuration for BvA, GSC, and Finance systems, leveraging specialized knowledge and training in aforementioned applications
• Escalate L3 support requests to Project Managers, Business Systems Managers, or Developers as necessary; track issue through to completion
• Develop recommendations for application enhancements using comprehensive reporting and results of trend analysis identifying user issues
• Build and maintain ownership of knowledge base for commonly encountered issues within applications
• Oversee the development, implementation, and enforcement of workflows to streamline application support
• Author and oversee all technical documentation necessary to facilitate usage and adoption of applications, including user and admin guides; routinely review documentation to ensure accuracy
• Plan and host ad-hoc webinars, tele-conferences, and/or in-person meetings to better train and support application users
• Collaborate with Project Managers and Business Systems Managers to administer and configure applications to meet business needs
• Oversee application testing to ensure features are fully functional
• Minimum 3 years of IT and business/industry work specializing in web applications
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong sense of customer service
• Working knowledge of applications being implemented
• Works well with others in an integrated team environment
• Fast and independent learner
• Intercultural competence
• Self-motivated and a problem solver
• Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft 365
• A sense of personal ownership of the applications, and the drive to keep customers well satisfied with the level of support they receive
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology a plus
• Experience with ServiceNow as an incident management tool a plus
• The position will work in the Nairobi, Kenya iHUB location and is expected to be on-site
• Standard office work environment
• At the moment, this position will be remote and candidate must be able to fulfill all job responsibilities remotely.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.