Internews aims to be agile to work where information is most under threat and most urgently needed. For this purpose, Internews embeds virtual learning in its operational strategy to allow for continued remote operations necessary for the pandemic and for working in closed environments, as well as promoting cost and environmentally responsible internal and external training options.
Internews is building a roster of instructional design consultants to to support its teams and programs in designing digital training. The consultants will work at different stages of the training process, such as needs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The instructional designers can bring their competencies to various digital training modalities, synchronous and asynchronous, such as e-learning module design, hybrid learning design, webinar material design, scenario and simulation, facilitation, LMS management, etc. We encourage applicants to tell us about their strengths in these areas, as multiple opportunities may arise with different focus areas. Consultants will work in close collaboration with the program or the project manager and will consult the Internews Learning and Training Specialist.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Internews programs are currently designing digital training using various modalities, such as asynchronous self-paced e-learning, blended learning, webinars, and WhatsApp-based training. Internews uses an LMS to host and disseminate digital training, manage audiences, and access learning analytics.
The digital training packages are designed for audiences from different regions and languages with varying learning habits in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa. These consultancies will provide support in various areas to specific courses.
This is a remote-based consultancy.
All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote candidates.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
WHAT YOU BRING
Internews is seeking consultants to do a variety of different tasks, including…
- Analyze the community or organization's learning needs;
- Define the learning strategy, including the learning objectives, the digital learning modality, and the evaluation strategy;
- Build learning content on a storyboard from different resources, such as methodologies, guidelines, ILT presentations, reports, articles, etc.;
- Add instructional design and andragogical approach, such as summative and formative questions, social interactions, collaborative works, etc.;
- Build the evaluation framework at different levels, satisfaction, knowledge, and behavior;
- Develop digital modules using the relevant digital tools, including graphic design;
- Build digital training in LMS;
- Implement and co-facilitate webinars; and
- Support the digital training evaluation.
To be successful, we expect consultants to bring a mix of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing digital training in various modalities, such as e-learning modules, hybrid learning, webinars, etc.
- Creative thinking through adult learning, especially using multimedia and design resources
- Knowledge and experience of Articulate Rise
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Graphic design skills
- Experience in designing interactive webinar and online facilitation methods
- Experience in LMS management
- Experience in creating and managing WhatsApp-based training is a plus
- Strong collaborative working style, ability to work in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders with an openness to feedback and iteration
- Prior experience in the international development field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Sensitivity and understanding of diverse perspectives in a multicultural environment
- Familiarity with gender-sensitive programming
- Professional-level fluency in English
- Knowledge of other languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic a plus
Typical ways to gain the required knowledge and skills to succeed include…
- A university degree in Instructional Technology, Adult Education or training
- Certification in graphic design
How to apply
To apply to the Instructional Designer roster, please submit a copy of the following items:
- One-page cover letter, including a succinct description of your expertise and how you would approach this project and your daily rate