CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
This key position is responsible for providing the Chief Operating Officer with a wide range of administrative and strategic support. Primary responsibilities include expertly managing the COO’s very busy schedule; tracking prep material for COO’s meetings and ensuring COO preparedness, making travel arrangements and preparing travel reimbursements; tracking the submission of time cards for the COO’s direct reports; tracking needed approvals for the COO for reimbursements and other expenses; conference and meeting planning; and taking and preparing notes for selected meetings. The Senior Executive Assistant handles communications within CARE and with numerous outside contacts and vendors. The Senior Executive Assistant will also provide a consolidation point for division specific information. The Senior Executive Assistant is an integral member of the Office of the President, and will serve as a liaison to the COO. This position operates in a fast paced, high stress, and dynamic environment. It maintains and enhances high levels of support in wake of increasing levels of complexity and growing scope of coverage and sophistication. This position also requires constant interaction with the Global Management Team to resolve a variety of issues in order to meet the growing needs of our organization. The position requires close attention to detail, the ability to manage many different tasks simultaneously, and to organize and prioritize work effectively. It reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Administrative Support & Meeting Management
- Design, develop and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for the division’s document assets, manuals, reports, procedures, and policy documents. Organize, maintain and report on the division’s employees’ leave records and manage the system to improve efficiency and accuracy. Ensure proper understanding and adherence to administrative policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget; monitor and provide reporting on expenditure. Research variances and partner with Finance to resolve errors and omissions. Managing requests for office supplies, placing requisitions, maintenance agreements, vendor contracts, and ensuring proper coding and storage of all pertinent paperwork.
- Provide calendar and administrative support as needed for Chief of Staff (10% of time), collaborate with the Office of the President on special events and provide CEO with administrative support in the event it is needed.
- Manage general administration and coordinate support for the department, including task and project-management systems. Design, develop and implement efficient effective office procedures and systems. Coordinate with Mailroom Staff on the stocking of supplies. Coordinate with other departments including IT, HR, and Procurement to ensure set up for new staff. Sort and distribute incoming and inter-departmental mail to the division.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 5+ years experience as SEA to Senior Management
- Clear and skillful communications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Adapt to changes, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintain confidentially
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.