FHI360 Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is looking for candidates to qualify for iNTP Medical Technologist position (21 positions) to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project in the Philippines under a Fixed Term Contract from August to December 31, 2021 subject to extension after successful evaluation of performance. With Project Office in Makati City, please refer to area of assignment below:
Area of Assignment:
iNTP Extended Implementation Sites: Navotas, Muntinlupa, Cebu City, Mandaue City, Siquijor, Sarangani, South Cotabato City
The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” (IHSS) project is a 5-year USAID funded activity that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. Meanwhile, the iNTP (Introducing New Tools Project)- a joint initiative of STOP-TB and USAID, will be implemented in the Philippines through TBIHSS to programmatically embed innovative tools throughout the cascade of care (i.e., screening, diagnosis, treatment and prevention). Aligned with country’s strategic plan to End-TB, this activity will implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the iNTP Implementation Manager, the Medical Technologist is tasked/expected to provide the following deliverables below:
· Collects and prepares specimens for TrueNAT MTB assay while adhering to safety procedures and infection prevention control measures.
· Processes specimens for TrueNAT MTB assay during TB case finding activities.
· Performs related duties such as encoding, releasing of results, data analysis and management.
· Performs routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of TrueNAT machine based on manufacturer’s instructions and coordinates with the product support team and iNTP Area Coordinator for necessary action as necessary.
· Works in close coordination with the Provincial/ Municipal/ City Health Officer in planning and facilitating TB case finding activities.
· Conduct TB-related advocacy meetings with implementing partners in assigned LGU.
· In close coordination with the iNTP Area Coordinator, conducts TB-related advocacy meetings with implementing partners in assigned LGU.
· Participates in existing outreach programs conducted by assigned LGU.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by adhering to biosafety and infection prevention control procedures.
· Requests for replenishment of laboratory supplies and consumables.
· Verifies receipt of laboratory supplies and consumables.
· Maintains and conducts regular inventory of laboratory supplies e.g. PPEs, disinfectants , test kits, and consumables.
· Maintains accurate recording and reporting system to ensure data quality.
· Prepares and submits periodically required reports to iNTP Technical Officer/ Area Coordinator.
· Submits pertinent documents as required by Admin and Finance Units
· Performs other field implementation-related activities that involves proper communication and coordination with different implementing partners as needed
· Performs other ad hoc duties necessary in iNTP implementation.
· A bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Laboratory Medical Laboratory Science, or Public Health
· A registered Medical Technologist
· With strong knowledge and experience on infection control measures and biosafety and other health-related safety measures
· Timely delivery of performance targets and with good attention to details regarding the jobs at hand
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly, Word and Excel
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work with others effectively.
· Good interpersonal communication skills.
How to apply
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume directly to FHI360 Career Site and/or email@example.com in single pdf file with deadline of submission on 20 September, 2021 following the heading format in the subject title/line indicating your preferred area of assignment** as seen below. Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI360-TBIHSS-Position Applied For -Last Name of Applicant
Example: FHI360-TBIHSS-MedTech for iNTP Site (Indicate Area) -CRUZ
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.