EnCompass LLC seeks five (5) Project Coordinators to join our growing Project Operations Management (POM) function. Our Project Coordinators provide proactive, customer-focused administrative, operations, and programmatic support for the Learning and Leadership Development (L&LD) and Technical Assistance and Evaluation (TA&Eval) practice areas. This is a great opportunity for a qualified Project Coordinator to get involved in multiple projects across our company.
The position is based at EnCompass’ Rockville, MD headquarters. Expected to be remote until September 30th 2021. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Project Operations and Management (POM) function and the company-wide Operations Team:
- Serve as a point of contact for all operations tasks on the L&LD and TA&Eval teams
- Ensure the L&LD and TA&Eval teams and its headquarters-based and field-based projects properly follow all company and team administrative procedures
- Support project activities and strategic company initiatives, including project startup, ongoing project operations and management, project close-out, and executing large-scale multi-sectoral events
- For field projects: Backstop operations-related field team tasks and ensure field team access to relevant documents relevant for their operational tasks
Quality Assurance Management
- Support project leads to develop, maintain, and update work planning and tracking systems to ensure that tasks and deliverables proceed on time
- Support project leads with partner/consortia communications and coordination, including documentation of important client and partner meetings
- Support timely, quality project deliverables production and submission: tracking deliverables, coordinating technical inputs, editing translations, and graphic design to ensure the quality of project deliverables
- Schedule and support project leads in preparation of materials of period Project Reviews
- Support project leads with budget tracking and projections and review of monthly invoices to ensure projects remain within budget
- Schedule and facilitate monthly project finance review; prepare activity report for client invoices and calculates burn rates
- Review monthly invoices for accuracy and completeness and send PPRs to appropriate Project Manager (PM)/Team Lead for approval
- Manage financial awards and subawards (financial projections, invoices, and reports)
- For field projects: review and submit monthly field financial reports, field staff invoices, and field monthly payroll wires, and prepare reports on foreign tax payments and process foreign tax reports
- Monitor LOE for home office staff and short-term technical assistance (STTA) consultants
- Lead coordination of more complex procurements, including vendors for translation and similar services, analyze procurement quotes with PM, and draft procurement justifications
- Manage consultant processes: onboard independent consultants; manage the consultant agreement and invoicing processes (review consultant invoices, field expense reports, and travel expenses for completeness and accuracy, and ensure timely approvals are obtained); ensure consultant documentation is accurate and up-to-date, including consultant tracker
- Support field project offices in payroll functions (review and approve payroll from Africa HR and other third-party payroll companies)
- Support project recruitment by drafting draft job descriptions, screen potential candidates for administrative positions, and serve as the point of contact with the Talent Management team (Human Resources and Talent Acquisition)
- At project start-up, schedule and prepare budget handover/walkthrough with the Business Development team and Contracts
- Coordinate/oversee preparation of sub-agreements and modifications for Project Lead and Contracts Team review
Data and Knowledge Management
- Maintain SharePoint files and organization for the L&LD and TA&Eval teams and communications sites; maintain project records, project-related knowledge management, and disseminate information about project results
Asset and Resource Management
- Support hiring of local vendors for the procurement of good and services, provide procurement training to home office and field staff on a regular basis
- Support in-country procurement of IT equipment with software installation and creation of project team spaces during start-up
- Support the finalization of field project start-up, reviewing lease agreement for office and residential locations and in-country project registration
- Manage tracking systems related to IT procurement, vehicle fleet management, and residential expendable supplies
Travel and Logistics Management
- Support the mobilization/demobilization of home office and field office staff during start-up and close-out
- Coordinate the creation of security plans for field offices and hire real estate agents to help find short- and long-term residence/office space
Other duties as assigned
- Lead production of internal and external virtual meetings and training in Adobe Connect, Zoom, and other platforms
- Support business development efforts tasks, as assigned
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings, company-wide Admin meetings and other EnCompass events
- Support other duties, as assigned
Academic Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience, of which at least 2 years should have been providing administrative support to project teams in international development
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements
- Experience in supporting field-based projects and donor funded procurements and subcontracts desirable
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, knowledge of Spanish or French language a plus
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Knowledge of data management in data analysis software packages such as Stata, Dedoose, and UCINet, and database programs a plus
- Ability to work in an appreciative environment with colleagues and clients.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter with your application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.