Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA),
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity aims to strengthen Sri Lanka's civil society sector. IDEA has an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes. IDEA is a four-and-a-half-year (4.5) project ending on August 7, 2022.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position
The Adminstrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day needs of the IDEA activity in Colombo including basic Administration and logistics functions. The Administrative Assistant will oversee the desk operations in the main office and work with IDEA staff members in a collaborative manner to execute the needs of the project. This is a Long-Term Technical Position, and the Administrative Assistant will report to the Finance Manager. The Administrative Assistant position is based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Manage the reception desk and the meeting schedule of the Chief of Party (COP).
- Assist staff recruitment, orientation, staff insurance and other Human Resources related work.
- Assist in facilities maintenance ensuring adequate stock of office supplies are in places as well as supervise the driver and Office Assistant.
- Organize logistics for field workshops, meetings, trainings, and events including booking appropriate venues, participant accommodation and coordinating travel arrangements and related documentations for payments.
- Assist in procurements of goods and services by maintaining suppliers' records, obtaining quotations, preparing analysis and recommendations through a customized online procurement system.
- Organize logistics for field travel, meetings, accommodations of staff and process their reimbursement claims.
- Liaise with the service providers to keep all equipment in working order.
- Associates degree in a related field required; Bachelor's degree in Business Adminstration or a relevant field preferred.
- At minimum two years' experience working as Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Secretary or as Technical Support person for an NGO or international organization.
- Demonstrated experience in facilities management and vehicle maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training venues and accommodation facilities in the country.
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded projects would be advantageous.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working effectively in cross-cultural teams and settings.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Fluency in written and oral in at least one national language, Sinhal or Tamil, is required.
- Tri-lingual proficiency in English, Sinhal, and Tamil is preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com