CRS Sudan is as dynamic and diverse as the needs of the people we serve. Since 1978, CRS Sudan has been assisting the people of Sudan across the emergency, recovery, and development spectrum. In recent years, CRS Sudan has been undergoing a transformation as new opportunity for resiliency programming emerges and the environment opens for deeper involvement of humanitarian organizations. Key sectoral areas for CRS Sudan include food security, livelihoods, nutrition, health, peacebuilding and natural resource management. Currently, CRS Sudan oversees programming across five Darfur states and the Red Sea.
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) and Program Quality (PQ) activities, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programmi ng advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Location: Khartoum, Sudan with frequent travel to field locations.
Required Languages - English language is required and Arabic language is a high asset.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel for about 60% of the time to different CRS/Sudan offices and project sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Demonstrated ability to build staff capacity
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Competency in MEAL components as well as MEAL in design, Management in MEAL, and ICT for MEAL
- Leadership experience in MEAL is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), standard Statistical data analysis packages of SPSS, Stata or R, Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Experience with Commcare is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: MEAL Manager, MEAL/PQ Project Officers
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Deputy Head of Programs, Program Managers, Regional Technical Advisors
External: Partner agencies, especially partner MEAL staff, evaluation consultants
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or in a related field is required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
? Continuous Improvement & Innovation
? Builds Relationships
? Develops Talent
? Strategic Mindset
? Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibiliti es associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm. CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.