BASE Open Position: Sustainable Energy Finance Specialist (Junior)
Location: Basel, Switzerland.
Duration: 1.5 years with possibility of extension.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 1 August 2021.
A Swiss work permit or EU citizenship is a requirement.
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss not-for-profit foundation and a Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. **
BASE was established in 2001 with the objective of mobilizing investment and finance into sustainable energy and climate change solutions. BASE is one of the few organisations fully dedicated to developing innovative business models, smart financing and out-of-the box-approaches to drive investments in renewable energy, energy efficiency and green solutions.
BASE combines expertise in technology, markets, economics, finance and business development to deliver effective solutions for every project and builds bridges between sectors and actors at the nexus between climate solutions, finance and international development.
We are seeking a dedicated Sustainable Energy Finance Specialist to support BASE’s work on energy efficiency, renewable energy and climate change finance projects in Europe. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of the projects.
- Interacting and engaging a wide range of experts and entities including multilateral and national financial institutions, sustainable energy technology providers, enterprises and others.
- Supporting the development and delivery of the projects’ marketing material in close collaboration with a marketing consultant.
- Planning, supporting and co-ordinating BASE’s participation in external events, forums, workshops and conferences for the project’s visibility and external co-operation.
- Preparing, compiling and generating all relevant project management reports (including financial data) for all major external and internal stakeholders.
- Drafting project proposals to support BASE’s fundraising efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and support to BASE team as required.
A post-graduate university degree in a relevant field (sustainable energy systems, sustainable energy engineering, economics, climate change, energy policy, climate finance, or similar). Masters and PhD holders (or international equivalents) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Relevant professional experience in roles related energy efficiency, renewable energy, green financing, risk mitigation mechanisms, a strong advantage.
Good negotiation, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
Proven excellence in written and verbal communication. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly on complex topics to a wide variety of audience
Experience working in the European context
Experience in the Mediterranean and Balkan regions (especially Greece, Croatia or Slovakia) is a strong advantage.
Fluency in English and in one of the following languages - Greek, Croatian or Slovakian- is essential.
Enthusiasm for, and commitment to sustainability work.
A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
Strong networking capacity, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to multitask, work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to client needs or changing demands.
Extremely well organized. Highest ethical standards.
How to apply
Applications to be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline. Please include the following documents in word or pdf format (applications should be a maximum of four pages):
Motivation letter briefly outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to the position.
CV with name and contact details of 3 references who may be contacted by BASE.