Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Senior Program Associate (SPA) will work closely with the Washington, D.C. program team and Field teams and provide administrative and programmatic support for current and developing country programs in West Africa including The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Benin, Nigeria, and Cameroon among others.
· Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations, or related field.
· 2 – 3 years of experience in international development or related field,
· International experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of the politics, economics, history, and culture of sub-Saharan Africa. Specific knowledge of West Africa preferred.
· Excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
· French language proficiency a plus.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
· Supports the Program Officer (and/or Program Manager and Senior Program Manager) to implement grant(s) and ensure grant compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events.
· Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
· Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests (including subawards) and approvals.
· Contributes to budget analysis, tracks spending, and regularly updates budget tracker and engages with appropriate Project Accountant and other accounting staff.
· Assists in monitoring and evaluating program activities by IRI and local partners based on approved grant workplan.
· Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
· Contributes to and supports aspects of the proposal development process for new funding opportunities, including the development of new program ideas.
· Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafting and updating program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
· Travels as needed for program support and implementation.
· Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please send both resume and cover letter to: Senior Program Associate - West Africa | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)